32- Alter Ego (part 2)

I heard another groan coming from beside me. It was the ninth one in twenty minutes.

Jimhaya was sitting beside me in English class looking as board as ever. Her feet were popped up on the desk as she was holding her chair on two legs. Her hands were dangling to her side and her head fell backwards so she could see behind her.

Only twenty minutes had passed in the course and Jimhaya was bored. In fact, it started the second she walked into the room. The only problem was that she was making everybody around her uncomfortable. Being in a school of mystical creatures had its perks. Most of the students knew something was wrong with my lover the moment she stepped foot in class. The teachers were taught to notice the change in people and knew when to leave well enough alone. One glare from Jimhaya had the teacher speechless and on guard. He ignored the horrible attitude he would normally criticize and let her be.

Twenty minutes was what it took for the teacher to kick her out and me along with her because Jimhaya had been staring at the poor girl behind her in a predatory manner for five minutes without blinking.

“Miss. Bane, why don’t you bring Miss. Hundale out for a walk, she looks like she needs air” The teacher said. Jimhaya raised her head in interest. That had caught her attention.

With a sigh, I picked my books and threw them into my bag. Jimhaya was by my side within seconds. We walked out into the empty hallway but couldn’t help but hear the students start breathing properly again.

“Damn” Jimhaya whined beside me. “I thought it would never end. How can you listen to that bullshit for so long?”

“It’s interesting if you take the time to listen” I told her. She scoffed before looping her arm around mine. I was surprised by the physical touch but I remembered that she was not Jimmy. She was someone totally different.

“Now that the boring part is done, what are we going to do to kill the time” she grinned at me. Her smile gave an unsettling response to my stomach.

“Well” I cleared my throat “we have dance lessons after school but if you don’t want to go-“

“Of course we can go, I love dancing”

I smiled. “All righty then, how about I take you out and you can tell me about yourself and then we can go the dance lesson afterwards”

“Mhmm, sounds like a date. You’re on”

-

We were sitting in front of each other in a small friendly café in the village. Coffee and pie sat on the table in front of us. I had to ask Jimhaya to keep her sunglasses on her face to keep the other customers from freaking out because she thought it would be funny. I think it will take time for me to appreciate her humor.

“So” I said trying to break the uncomfortable silence that had fallen on us.

“What do you want to know?” she asked me with a smile. I thought for a while before asking.

“Why are you so different from Jimmy? And how did you come to be?”

Jimhaya laughed darkly “Such hard questions. Don’t dates usually start with some small talk and easy questions?” She cocked her head to the side as she looked at my reaction. I was not laughing. I was serious. I didn’t know this girl in front of me and the only thing I have ever heard of her was negative or borderline psychotic. “Relax Angel, I can control myself”

“Yeah, like you controlled yourself against John Cho” I spat. I didn’t mean to be judgmental but I couldn’t help myself. But seeing Jimhaya’s expression hardened, I should have kept my mouth shut.