18- Date

I was pacing in front of the principal’s door, impatiently waiting for Jimmy to come out. She and the principal have been in there for an hour and I was starting to get worried. The school was closed today because there is a huge party happening for the team selection. It started last night, after the tryouts and will probably end tonight. Jimmy and I only made an appearance yesterday for about five minutes before going to bed. Today was the day I brought her on a date and to say that I was nervous was an understatement because I was freaking out. I had an idea of where to go but I was not sure Jimmy was going to like it. Then again, she doesn’t like anything so that’s a plus.

The door opened and my girl and my foster dad came out. They both looked satisfied, which means they weren’t at each other’s throats. That is always good.

“Enjoy your day girls, don’t do anything to reckless” The principal said in a happy tone. He saluted us with two fingers and made his way to across the hall. “Ciao”

I looked back at Jimmy, she her expression was blank but her body seemed relieved.

“Is everything ok?” I asked her. She nodded “What did you guys talk about?”

“We established boundaries for how far I can take things and to whom. We set guidelines because he reminded me I am in fact a guest into his home and it would be improper to cause trouble under his roof.” She grinned, her fangs showing a little. “I like him. He is excellent in governing this place”

“Yeah, he is great” I said. “It’s funny because he never wanted to be a principal and he hates politics”

“Oh Siana” she said smirking crookedly, “he is so much more than a simple principal. Are you sure you know your foster father very well? He has deep secrets that will make your skin crawl if you find them out” I frowned disturbed. How would she know anything about the principal?

We continued walking towards the parking lot in silent. I was dwelling over what she just said. It made sense, I knew the principal had secrets but they were not for me to know. He has lived a very long time and I’m sure he has made some bad things but I couldn’t picture the principal being cruel. He always made jokes and made sure his students had everything they needed and were safe.

Jimmy nudged me out of my thought and I noticed we were at my car. She eyed me frowning. “Are we still going on a date?”

“Of course, sorry. I was just a little distracted but don’t worry, I won’t think about it anymore. Promise” I unlocked the door and sat in front of the stirring wheel Jimmy hesitantly following me in. I started my grey, RS 5 Audi and made my way out of the parking lot.

“What kind of music do you like?” I asked her.

“Classical” she said bluntly.

Great, I never listen to that and I had no idea what channel they played it on.

“How about normal pop music?” I said. She shrugged her shoulders, staring out of the window. I started the radio and made sure the volume was low so I could hear her speak if she wanted to talk. We drove in a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes before Jimmy said something.

“Where are we going?” she asked. I smiled and turned my head to face her only to be surprised she was staring at me already.

“You will see” I winked before I brought my back to the road.

“Is this how normal dates go? You, not telling me where I’m going to spend the day and me, waiting for you say something?”

“That is about right” I smirked “Since I am the one who invited you and I want it to be a surprised. But if you want to talk, we can”