22- Crossroad part 1

‘Blood, blood everywhere, not a drop to drink.’

Red was the only colour I could see. Every wall and floor was covered by sticky substance, even the ceiling. Body parts, organs and raw skin decorated the entire room. Eyes were ripped out of their sockets. Hearts bled out of their protected shells and limbs were twisted in unrealistic ways. Brain matter was scattered on the ground. Most of the bodies were bundled together, creating bumps on the flat floor but there were the odd ones that clung to the walls. There was not one body that was whole and not one had a drop of blood that stayed in them.

A severed head was perched right in front of me. I could see the nerves flowing like tentacles coming out of its neck. His eyes were staring at me and his mouth was open in a silent scream. His tongue was hanging, almost touching the ground. His hair was wild and part of his skin on his face was missing. But, no matter how much I closed my eyes or tried to get him to look away, he was still staring at me like it was my entire fault. Like I was the one who brought him misery. I tried to contain myself. I tried to keep myself together but his constant staring and the revolting smell of gore, piss and sweat made my stomach turn. I tilted my head down and vomited yellow substance, completely ignoring the liquid that had landed on my pajama bottoms. I was lucky for the magical shield that kept the blood from touching us because I would have done more that barf if some would have fallen on me.

Even when the noise died down, I could still hear the screams of despair piercing through my ears. And the constant song that was being repeated like a broken record could be heard through the silence of madness.

 “Ring around the rosy

Pocket full of posies

Ashes, Ashes, they all fall down”

Only one man was left standing and unscratched: John Chen. The Asian man was frozen in the middle of his men’s graveyard. Blood spattered over him but none of it was his.

Not far away from him was the bane of his existence. She was singing, slowly turning around herself as if she was rehearsing dance steps in slow motion. She tucked a hair behind her ear revealing the flawless face of a deadly porcelain doll. Not a single part of her was blood free. Her clothes were drenched and if I were to squeeze them, blood would drip like a leaking sink. Her pale skin was covered in the realistic make-up and her hair was stuck to her head as if she just came out of the shower. Her creepy smile was glued to her face. It was a mixture of childlike and completely evil. Her dead eyes were searching for any sign of life or any survivor. When she was satisfied, her body turned towards the last living man. She slowly made her way to him by carefully stepping over arms, legs, intestines and body chunks. Her bare feet made a red trail behind her over the few white spots that remained untouched.

“So many questions, so many answers. So many things taught, so many things learned. ” She said while walking. Her eyes never once left their prey. “But, only one is good enough. Which way?”

She started walking around John’s paralyzed body repeating the question. Her red eyes glowed when her body was inside the shadows; two red lights, shining in the darkness. “Ring around the rosy” she said seriously. After her second tour she stopped in front of him and grinned.

“Twenty seven years you owe: nineteen for mommy, four for me”

“That’s twenty three” John stuttered through his shaking lips.

“Four for interest”

“No, no please no. Anything but that, kill me, let me go and I will never bother you again, but please do not send me there” John begged with tears in his eyes. Jimhaya put a finger on his lips and giggled.