38- This is It (Part 2)

The spear had been meant for Kelly. It was coming straight for her so why was she lying on the floor without a whole in her stomach? Something had pushed her out of the way. Kelly looked up to where she was once standing to see she had been replace by her daughter.

Jimhaya was nailed to a tree by a ten foot long spear running through her chest. Her head was down and eyes barely opened. Her legs couldn’t holder her up so the spear did all the work. Her arms were hanging by her side.

A shaking hand came to Kelly’s mouth as she stared at Jimhaya’s limp figure.

“JAMIE” Kelly cried as she stood up from the ground and ran to her daughters side. “No, no, no, Jamie”

Because she couldn’t access her power, Kelly had to break the shaft. With as much force as she could muster, Kelly managed to break part of the spear but it sent a shock through Jimmy’s body and blood splattered out of her mouth. Kelly then carefully grabbed Jamie and slowly pulled her body out of the rest of the way leaving a trail of blood behind her.

Jimmy cried as pain exploded in her body. The girl fell limply into her mother’s arms and they drop to the ground.

“Oh god Jamie” Kelly cried as she held her daughter tightly to her body. She put her hands on the wound to try to stop the bleeding and used her chest to cover the one in the back.

“Jamie, I need you to open your eyes” Kelly sobbed. She gently slapped Jimmy on the cheeks to get her attention. Her daughter was pale. Colour had escaped her features and her body started to shake. Her lips were dry and her mouth full of blood. It was getting harder to breathe. Jamie had no energy left and her life was painfully slipping away. 

 “Please, please sweetie, open your eyes” Kelly looked around to see if anybody was there to help her “Aalyiah” she screamed her sister’s name. Her sister would know what to do.

Jimmy’s eyes opened just a slit. They had returned to her original blue. “Mommy… are you.. disa- disappointed” she stuttered almost incomprehensible. Jimmy tried to swallow the blood that kept accumulating in her mouth because she was not able to spit it out. Her eyes were staring at nothing and darkness was creeping in her vision.

“No. Never disappointed. I have always been so proud” Kelly sobbed as she started rocking her daughter back and forth. Where was her sister when she needed her?

“Oh goody” Jimmy smiled a little. Kelly sobbed harder. Why was her daughter smiling? The smile faded away and Kelly tightened her grip and her rocking sped.  

“Honey? Baby, I need you to stay with me. You have to keep your eyes open for a little longer okay?” Kelly stroked Jimmy’s hair out of her face and kissed her temple. She shut her eyes tightly as the tears kept falling down and she held her dying daughter in her arms.

“Si.an..a”

“ Siana is going to be there when you wake up okay sweetie, just keep holding on for a little longer”

Oh god this was not happening. Kelly kept rocking her daughter and begged her to stay awake but Jimmy’s eyes turned glassy and her body had stopped moving.

“Jamie? Jimhaya?” Kelly shook her daughter but there was no response “No, no, no Jimhaya please open your eyes, stay with me” she wept. “Open your eyes, please”

“My lady” a soldier ran to her and kneeled before her.

“Where’s Aaliyah? I need her now” Kelly asked him pleadingly. The soldier was silent for a moment.

“The queen has fallen My Lady” he said solemnly “You are the Acting Queen now”

Kelly’s face fell. She shut her eyes and pinched the bridge pf her nose ignoring the blood on her hands.