14- Broken Promises

“Now, remember that the homework is due this Friday.” The teacher said. I got up from my seat and put my books in my back pack. English was our last class before lunch and I was starving.

“We will meet you in the cafeteria” Red said as she waved me off.

Jimmy kissed me on the cheek and whispered ‘thank you’ in my ear before following her sister out of the door. The only ones in the classroom were Jess and I. It was a little awkward between us since our encounter at the Grand Ball but we still hung out together every day.

“Hey Siana wait up” I heard Jessica said as I walked out of the classroom. I was a bit surprised by the tone of her voice.

“What’s up?” I said when I turned around to face her.

“Did you notice anything wrong with Jimhaya?”  She asked me nervously.

“She’s a little quieter than usual, why?”

“She kissed me on the cheek and told me she loved me” I frowned but Jessica shrugged her shoulders.

“Maybe she’s finally coming around” With that she walked away. “I’ll catch you later. Ren is bringing me to lunch”

I made my way to the table in the cafeteria where Red was siting. Jimmy was nowhere in sight. Red was surrounded by a group of students who were talking animatedly. She smiled and laughed at the right jokes but I knew she was enjoying the attention. I pecked her on the cheek as I sat down beside her. The girls on the table squealed and giggled like children and the guys were drooling all over the table. Rumor was that Red and I we’re a couple. It was fine by us because the students stopped trying to ask us out. Well, less than usual. Poor Red, she was the one every guy tried to hook up with because Jess belonged Ren and Jimmy was avoided like leper. The only problem with the rumor was the kids here wanted to see us kiss and kept insisting. We were the cute couple while Jess and Ren was the perfect couple. Those two were bathed in popularity and they loved it. It was a good change of pace for me because I used to be the top girl and that demanded a lot.  

“Hey, where’s Jimmy? I want to talk to her” I asked her.

“I don’t know, why?”

“She’s been acting weird today. She even kissed Jess on the cheek.” Red froze. Her face paled and her hands started to shake.

“What?” she whispered. “What day is it?”

“The tenth of August. Why?”

“Oh Gods, how did I forget?”

“Red wha-“ Red grabbed my arm and shot up from her seat dragging me with her. She started running towards the exit. Once we got out of the school, we raced towards the parking lot. From afar, I could see Jess and Ren making their way to his car.

“JESS” Red screamed at the top of her lungs. Her sister turned around. “CAR” Using her speed, Jess met us at her silver sport car. Red opened the back door and threw me in as Jessica started the car without questions.

“How could I have miss calculated? I thought you were enough.” She rambled, “No, no, you were enough. Something must have ticked her off. Damn it!” she screamed in anger. She swung her arm forward and ripped the head set of the passenger seat.

“Jasmine” Jess and I screamed. “What’s going on?”

“Do you remember the deal I made with Jimhaya?” she asked me.

“The one when she has the right to kill herself?” I paled.

“What?” Jess shouted in front. “Jasmine, what’s going on? Where are we going?”