6- Lost

Red POV

We entered the house and went straight to our rooms. Mom had already made super so we had to hurry before the food got cold. I showered, got dressed and went to Jamie’s room. I found her in the middle of her dark room staring at her walls. Her walls were dark blue, almost black; there was nothing hanging on them: no posters, no pictures. Her black curtains prevented the light to come in. She had a table with drawing sketches and books. There was no lamp on the table, but she did not need one. Her queen bed had dark blue covers with motives. She also had an electric piano/keyboard beside her table. This room gave a feeling of loneliness and depression.

“Jamie? Are you ok?”  What a stupid question, of course she wasn’t. I walked in front of her and stopped short. Her eyes were blood shot red. She had been drinking off drug addicts again.

“What did you do?” This is bad. Mom and dad would flip if they knew Jamie was high. I grabbed her hand and lead her to the bathroom. I stripped her and shoved her under the hot water of the shower. I went in her room and found some clothes for her. When I got back I slid down the bathroom wall and waited for her to come out. Once she was out and dressed we went down stairs.

 Jess was already down there talking her head off to mom and dad about how she found her mate Ren. She was so excited and happy it made me smile. The thing I care most in the world is seeing my sisters happy even at the expense of my own. But right now I was scared for Jamie, I hope Jess and I (without her knowing) would be able to distract our parents so they don’t see Jamie like this again. Dad was pretty angry last time she was in this condition. The problem was they thought she smoked, or sniffed the drugs. They didn’t know she sucked a guy dry with her fangs. 

-  

We were eating at the table talking about our day in the city. Jamie was staring down and poking her food. “Are you high?” my dad suddenly asked Jamie. The table went silent. “What?” Jamie asked while playing with her food.

“Are you high?” he repeated slowly.

“How high?” she asked him her eyes lifting to the sealing. I sighed; I hoped it would never come to this.

“Dad please let it go” I told him. He ignored me and got up from his chair. In a second he was beside my sister. He grabbed her roughly and sent the chair flying. He gripped her chin forcing her to look at him in the eyes. After a few seconds of silent he grabbed her shirt and slammed her on the table.

“How dare you! How dare you! I specifically told you not to do this shit again.”

“Dad stop please!” I shouted at the same time my mom screamed “Ray enough”

I tried to pry my dad of Jamie with no luck. Everyone was screaming except Jamie. She’d just shut down and stared at the sealing. Dad let her go and turned to me.

“Get her out of this house. I don’t want to see her disgusting face until she’s sober.” And then he walked out of the dining room. I grabbed Jamie’s limp body in my arms and teleported us into a treehouse. Jamie and I built this treehouse when we were younger. It has always been our safe house. It was two stories high: there was a kitchen, a bathroom and a queen sized bed on the first floor. On the second floor, it was the TV room. There was a sofa, a pool table, a giant TV and a grand piano. The treehouse was in a forest in our old territory and it was hidden by a spell so that nobody could find it.

I laid Jamie on the bed. I was about to get her something to drink when she grabbed my hand. I looked down at her. What I saw was shocking, but I was not surprised: The girl sitting on the bed was no longer my sister. She was a shell, a slave in her own mind. Her red eyes bore into mine as she slowly brought me down on the bed and kissed me. It was small but I did not kiss her back.