4- Babysitting

Today was the day we would meet with the triplets. It had been a week since we met and now Ren, Zoe and I were on our way to their house and show them around. Ren and Zoe were my two best friends and were in the same level as me which means we pretty much did everything together. Ren was a six foot one muscular werewolf and Zoe was a tiny barely five foot book worm fairy.

I took a deep breath when we drove up to the two story house. It was a normal white house with a porch and a swing. It was in the country, surrounded by forests and a field in their back yard that ran for miles. We got out of the van and walked to the door.

“Man, this is going to be so much fun, hanging out with three gorgeous chicks all day” Ren said with a smirk. Let’s not have the wrong impression here; this werewolf was all bark and no bite. He is the perfect gentleman, waiting for his mate to arrive in his life. It was needless to say that every girl in school was running after him hoping to be the one.

We laughed at his remark as I knocked on the door.

“I’ll get it!” someone inside the house shouted. The door opened and revealed the black haired sister.

“Hi, welcome to our- wow-“she said as she stared at Ren. And that was the beginning of a staring contest.

“Who’s at the door Jess?” a similar voice spoke.

“Uhhhh” was all that she could reply never taking her eyes off Ren. Red arrived behind her with a welcoming smile.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Zoe and I pointed back and forth to Ren and her sister. “Oh, well Jess I guess you found your mate”

“Jess?” No reply. “Jess” Red said snapping her fingers in front of her sisters’ face and there was still no reply. “JESS”

Jess head snapped to the side. “What?” We all burst laughing at their shocked faces.

“Why don’t you all come in? Jamie is finishing getting ready and then you can show us around town” Red said as we went into the house.

“This town is too small, there is nothing much to see here. We are going into the city” I told them. “And if you know where to look, there are some awesome places where the magical beings hang around: bars, shops and all.

“We’re going to Annwn a magical city hidden from humans” Zoe said.

We were waiting in their lovely living room when I heard a sarcastic voice behind me. “Great, the babysitters are here” Jimmy said. Today she had a green unzipped hoodie with a yellow shirt, black cotton pants, blue socks and a red scarf around her neck. Man this girl had absolutely no sense of fashion. She then looked at Ren and then at his entwined hand with Jessica’s’.

“Ugh, you’re one of those” she made a face as she came into the room and went beside Red. 

“You have a problem with that sis?” Jess asked with hatred.

“Nope, but I would love to see his face when you tell him what you’ve done. You think he’ll stick around?” Jimmy mocked.

“You bitch” Jess lunged at her sister but was stop by Red who put herself between them.

“Stop it, Stop it! You promised” She looked at both of them “You both promised me that you will stop this quarrel when we arrived here. New town, new beginning. That’s what we agreed on.”

“Fine” Jess angrily said pointing her finger at Jim, “you shut her up or I’ll rip her tongue out” and shoved her way out of the house dragging Ren with her.

“As if you could” Jimmy muttered to herself. I don’t think I was supposed to hear her say that so I pretended not to.

Red stared at Jimmy for a while longer. It seemed they were having yet another mental conversation. After what seemed like an understanding between them, Red looked at Zoe and me and smiled.