Chapter 28:: Broken Promises

Khadijah

Memphis told me to make as much dope as I could. Even though he's a dumb ass nigga, we got business to handle. So, all morning I've been at his damn trap doing just that.

The shit gets irritating after awhile and there's only so much one person could make. Plus, I miss my babies already.

Just as I was about to give up, I heard the front door open and lock back up. The footsteps were getting closer and closer to me.

So, I grabbed my purse and ran behind the door. It was cracked just enough for me to see them before they saw me.

I pulled out my gun and held it at my side. The person got closer and I swear I stopped breathing.

I looked out the crack and noticed It's that one creep ass nigga. Uh, Mo'B. I think that's what they call him.

"Fool! What you doing here?" I said, throwing my gun back in my purse.

"Memphis sent me to pick up the shit and for you to teach me exactly what you doing." Mo'B said.

I let what he said process in my head. "And then what? He gone have you kill me?"

Mo'B kind of ignored me but he gestured that Memphis did send him to do that.

"I ain't no fuckin goofy. As long as that bitch nigga needs me, I'm alive. So I ain't showing you shit. And you shouldn't trust that bitch. If he'll kill his own baby mama then he damn sure don't give a fuck about you."

"How do I know that it's you I can't trust? You run away and pop back up demanding for shit. What's up wit' you and Memph anyways?"

I swallowed. I don't know why I'm feeling so uncomfortable around him right now. "I left him. Why does this matter? Why are you here?"

Mo'B grabbed me and pulled me into his chest just to whisper into my ear. "I need you to step out wit' me real quick."

I pushed him back. "I ain't that typ'a girl, playa. Plus, I gotta man."

"Don't flatter yo fucking self. Trust me. It ain't like that." Mo'B said with the corners of his mouth turned in disgust.

I sighed. "Let's go!"

Mo'B guided me outside and to his car. I looked at him suspiciously. I'm not sure if I could trust him.

"Get in the backseat." He demanded.

I shook my head. "I don't even know you! How'd I know this ain't some bullshit as trick? How'd I know they ain't gone find my body hidden some damn where?"

"Khadijah, if I wanted to kill you, you would've been dead. You think I didn't know yo ass was behind that door? Now, get in." He demanded once again.

I rolled my eyes and got in the backseat just to see Chavo sitting back here too.

"What the fuck, Jordan? What are you doing in here?" I snapped out of confusion.

Mo'B climbed in. All this is blowing my mind and I'm ready to leave Chicago already.

"You know he works for Memphis right? What you doing with him?" I informed Chavo.

Mo'B just laughed and pulled off. "I work for Memphis. That's funny as shit!"

Chavo even joined him in laughter.

"Oh, shit! You mu'fuckas are cops! I should've known! I'm street. I'm supposed to know how to sniff out an opp ass nigga." I'm going to jail!

"Cops? Fuck that, Khadijah. I'm too real for that and I got too much illegal shit cooking for that." Mo'B said.