Chapter 14:: Premeditated Part 2

Khadijah

When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel like myself. I looked in the mirror and I didn't see me.

I didn't like what I saw. I don't like what I'm becoming. And I damn sure don't like what Caesar is making of me.

But now it all fuckin makes sense now. The red headed bitch, Rocsi dyed her damn hair before I left Memphis.

Then her ass is here and she doesn't know shit about Chicago let along what state it's in wit her dumbass.

How could I be so fucking stupid?

They been fuckin right under my fucking nose. All I could do right now is laugh through the pain.

"I gave yo black ass so much of me, and you were fuckin' my so-called friend!" I paused to let it sink in. "Were you fuckin' her in Detroit?"

He leaned up against the door. I swear I've never in my life witnessed him be this quiet.

"And you brought her all the way here to Chicago. God! Caesar. Why? Why me? Why would you do this to me?"

Then it just came to me to ask him a question. "Is Amina yours?" He walked out and I followed him to the kitchen. "Is Amina yours?"

"Yeah, Khadijah! There goes yo fuckin answer. Are you happy now?"

Am I happy? Hell no. I feel even stupider because the bitch claimed her baby daddy was this dude named, Ace. He got killed and my dumb ass attended the damn funeral with her at an attempt to being a good friend.

I started punching him everywhere. "I hate you. I hate you so fuckin much." I snapped. "Fuck you. That's why I fucked Nate." I lied just to piss him off.

"You did what?" He said getting closer to me.

"I fucked Nate!" Then out of nowhere I felt the coldness and sharpness of a knife in my stomach.

My eyes bucked as I grabbed on to the knife. "I'm pregnant."

"Good, maybe that bastard would die wit' you." I fell to the floor and pulled the knife out of me.

I tried to cover the wound with my hands. "How could you?" I said, moving toward the counter to grab my phone.

"How could you stab me?" I cried. He walked out of the kitchen. I struggled to reach my phone but I got it. Then I called the police.

Caesar walked back in and snatched my phone.

"Hello? Yes. Someone robbed my girlfriend's apartment and stabbed her. 83rd and Pulaski. Apt 210."

Once he hung up, I watched as he stagged the entire robbery by breaking my TV, busting in the front door, and just breaking shit.

What did I get myself into?