Chapter 24:: Surprises.

Khadijah

So, those lessons from A after all paid off. Here I am cooking up the work for Memphis and he's selling it.

It all started off wit' just a small sample from his connect and then I multiplied it.

So now my baby daddy has to pay me. I did have intentions on paying Malik until Memphis said don't worry about that.

I guess the move back to Chicago wasn't bad at all. Cease gets to spend time with his father and I get paid real ass money.

After feeding Kye, he went straight to sleep. I laid him down and then finished unpacking.

I refused to leave that hotel without at least having my bedroom set but somehow, three days ago, Memphis managed to get me my bedroom set and the kids.

Right now, it's just a twin sized bed for Cease and a crib that turns into a playpen for Kye.

The couches just came in this morning for my living room so Memphis and Mo'B hooked up my TV.

They sat around until the cable man came and then left with Cease.

I connected my iPod to my speakers and just zoned out to Jhene Aiko's Souled Out.

I heard someone knock on the door and I went to look out the window automatically noticing the white Aston parked outside.

I looked through the peephole and then pulled my door open. "What are you doing here? Are you following me?"

"I wouldn't call it following." Chavo smirked. "I'm moving to Chicago."

A rain of mix emotions came upon me and it was all evident in my face. "You can't be here!" I yelled.

"Man, what's wrong wit you? One minute you down and the next you tripping." Chavo sighed.

I rolled my eyes but had no choice except to let his ass in. "Jordan, I'm not tripping. You told me you shot Memphis. You used me." I snapped.

"Used you?" Chavo shook his head. "I told you that so I wouldn't be lying. Everything is out on the table."

"That's a lot, Jordan." I said, sitting down on the couch.

Chavo sat next to me. "That nigga stabbed you, so shit, I'd shoot that mu'fucka again."

I stared at him. "I can't do this here. Do you know what Memphis would do to me? Shit, you?"

Chavo chuckled. "I came here for you...not that nigga. And I could guarantee that he ain't gone do shit to either one of us."

I turned up the corners of my mouth. "How? I know you not tryna shoot him again!"

Chavo smirked but shook his head. It wasn't so convincing. "I ain't gone shoot the bastard. I won't even ball on his courts, ya feel me?"

I rolled my eyes. "I just wanna take care of my kids and make sure that they have a father." I said while burying my face in my hands.

Chavo rubbed my back and pulled me closer to him. "And I just wanna take care of you. Can I do that?"

I shrugged. "I'm not ready to do this all over again!"

"Do what, Khadijah?" Chavo sighed.

"A relationship. Falling in love. Anything pertaining to getting hurt all over again."

"You call that shit between you and Memphis love? I won't hurt you. I'm the same nigga that was there while you gave birth to another niggas son, cut the umbilical cord, and helped name him. I won't hurt you, Khadijah."