Chapter 10:: Coke Cops and Cheats

Khadijah

Someone was banging on my damn door and I swear it's still dark outside. I rolled over and looked at the time on my phone it read 7:18 a.m.

I groaned and snatched the covers off of me. I walked into the living room and turned on the light.

"Who is it?" I yelled while wiping sleep out of my eyes.

"Malik." He yelled from the other side of the door.

I swung the door open and stared at him, Slick, and Nate. "What?" I said between clenched teeth.

"We gotta talk." Malik said, walking in with the other two behind him.

"At seven in the fuckin' morning?" I snapped. Look, I hate being woke up. It's turns me into a total bitch.

"At any fuckin time I say." Malik snapped back. Then he got to explaining about some cops lurking on us but he never saw the car here.

"Oh, so, you bring them here huh?" I said looking out of my patio window. "I ain't sign up for this shit."

"Bitch, shut the fuck up." Slick said in disgust.

I turned back in his direction. "You shut up! Who the fuck you calling a bitch?"

"You, bitch!" Slick said enraged like a damn bull.

"Look, tweetle d and tweetle dum calm that shit down. We got shit to discuss. For starters everyone need to get a new number. For now on lay low."

Shit, I've been laying low. I do my runs and then come home to my baby. Cops won't ever catch my ass at no trap.

After about thirty minutes they finally left my damn house and I was able to sleep for about an hour before Cease woke up claiming he was hungry.

While I cooked him breakfast, I called Devonté. "The cops are following them, Devonté. I can't afford going to jail."

Devonté sighed. "Man, it's too fuckin early for you to be calling me with this bullshit. It probably ain't nothing major."

"I don't wanna fucking work for Malik, Devonté. You got me doing this shit for what though?" I fussed.

"Khadijah, how you know this line ain't tapped?"

"I don't." I said right before he disconnected the call. I smacked my lips and threw my phone in a pot filled with water.

I finished Cease's eggs, bacon and toast before hopping in the shower. When I got out I threw on a pair of black shorts and a tank top.

Then I gave Cease a bath, put him on more pajamas and then turned on cartoons in his room.

While I was washing the dishes, someone knocked on the door. I opened it knowing it was the cops coming to arrest my ass.

Instead it was Coco storming in and opening every door in my house including the closet like she was looking for somebody.

"Waaaa..what, what are you doing Corianna?" I said following her back to the living room.

"Where's Memphis?" She said with his lip turned up in disgust from just saying his name.

"He's not here." I said in confusion. "Why?"

Coco shook her head and then sat on my couch. "Damn, I wanted him to be here just so he could call me a lie to my face."

Still confused at what she's doing here I said, "for what?"

"I caught his ass red handedly!" She said, grabbing the air. "Or should I say wit' a red headed bitch?"

"You did what?" I said shaking my head and sitting down next to her.