Chapter 3

Devonté

Cease and I both glared at each other as we ate our bowls of cereal. Honestly, I got hell of shit to handle but Khadijah won't answer her damn phone.

Then I tried her sister CoCo but that was a dead end. Knowing those bitches they probably together.

My phone started ringing and to my despise it wasn't either one of those bitches.

"Sup." I answered the phone as I stood up and to place my bowl in my sink.

"Did you get my message?" Hoody got straight to the point. I checked my messages and sighed.

"Shit, Imma roll by in 'bout twenty minutes." I said, motioning for Cease to follow me.

I hung up the phone and had to hurry up and get us both dressed then we ran out the crib.

This is a fucked up ass situation. Before going to Hoody house, I rolled by Khadijah house.

We stood banging on the door for about five minutes. I tried my key but she has the door chained meaning her ass is home.

Before walking away I called her cell phone only for it to go straight to voicemail.

A'ight, she wanna play? I couldn't take Cease with me so I fucked around and dropped him off at one of my shorties house.

"Rocsi, don't try no funny shit. You know how Khadijiah is." I said, holding the door open.

"I love Cease. Why would I hurt him?" Rocsi bad ass said. I kissed her and walked away.

Once I got to Hoody house, he was standing outside with this hoe named, Geneva and some dude.

Hoody used to work for her pops before he got popped off awhile back. Now, Hoody tryna take over the game.

I'm fine with that for now.

"Let Travis roll wit' him." Geneva said, seriously.

I raises up one of my eyebrows in confusion. "What's up?"

"That might just work. Memphis, I need you to roll with Travis." Hoody demanded.

I shook my head. "I rock by myself. You feel me. Plus, I got shit to do. I can't be babysitting."

"I just need you to show him the ins and outs. Who better to do it?" Geneva smirked.

I rubbed my chin hairs. "Malik." Then I kind of thought on it. He might just be what I need. "I'll get back at y'all."

"I need you to make a run for me." Hoody informed me.

"When?"

"Saturday night."

I nodded yeah. "I'll hit you up that morning." Then I dipped away from this rich ass suburb.

I hit the expressway and headed back toward the crib until I seen sirens in my rearview.

I pulled over thinking maybe it was a speeding ticket until the officer handcuffed my ass for a fucking warrant.