Chapter 30: Karma

Khadijah

The events that just occurred three days ago scared the shit out of me. The thought of Chavo killing Memphis or Memphis killing Chavo scares me even more.

Losing my baby due to Memphis ass whooping was a murder charge but of course he covered his own ass. He was gone before the cops even arrived there.

Then the apartment is in Rocsi name so pretty much if I don't say anything, he walks away from killing my baby.

Other than losing Chavo's child, my arm is in a sling but I refuse to wear it. My right eye is damn near swollen shut, and I had to get twelve stitches on my forehead extremely close to my hairline.

Chavo was pissed. When we got to Mo'B place, he went straight to the shower and I laid the boys down.

They were tired so it didn't take long to get them to bed. I walked out of the room and went into the living room to sit down.

I just don't get a break. All I want is something decent for my kids. I think they deserve a father, a mother, and each other.

I just don't know what to do once again to were it's starting to feel like deja vu. Its like for each step forward, I'm still a block away from my goal.

I buried my face in my hands and sighed. This could not be my life for the rest of my life.

"Do you still love him?" I moved my hands to see Chavo standing there with little droplets of water still rolling down his chest but he has on basketball shorts.

I stared him over thinking it would help me find words but nothing came out. As disappointed came across Chavo's face, I swallowed a hard lump of bullshit down.

"You had me looking like a goddamn fool out there, Khadijah! I'm done with you." He snapped and started to walk away.

"Na-na-na-na-no, Jordan!" I stuttered and cried. He turned back around and looked me eye to eye. "I can't lose you."

"Oh, so, you want me and him?" Chavo grilled.

Is that bad to want Memphis, the father of my kids, and Chavo, a guy that gives me a feeling that is unbelievable?

I shrugged my shoulders.

Chavo wiped my tears and grabbed both sides of my face. "Khadijah, I'm not competing wit' that bitch ass nigga. If you want 'em. Be with 'em."

"I love him, okay?! I do. But I'm not tryna be wit' him. I wanna move on. I want you to help me move on."

"Fuck that." Chavo said sitting down on the couch. "I'm leaving, Khadijah. Here I was protecting you and you go running back to yo abusive ex."

"Protecting me? What are you talking 'bout, Chavo?"

Chavo clapped both of his hands together like he was nervous. "You once asked me if I was offered money to kill you, would I do it. The answer is no but now, I gotta lay low."

I was confused on what was going on. He told me there was a hit on me but this whole time I thought it was Memphis.

"The less you know the better, Khadijah."

"Who wanted me dead, Chavo? Shouldn't I know who the enemy is? What if he comes after me?"

Chavo shook his head. "It wasn't personal. You was just fucking with the enemy. My bosses wanted you dead. That's all I can say about it." And just like that he was out the door.

The next morning, I couldn't move my legs to get out of bed. I have to bury my sister.

Cheyenne came into the room with an all black dress already on. I looked at her and couldn't help but cry.