Chapter 7

Devonté

My ass haven't slept in days. Even now ain't the time but once I'm done with this shit I'm finding my way to a bed.

Travis sat in my passenger seat and it irritates the shit out of me. After Chavo betrayed me, I wanna work alone.

It's easier anyway.

"I know you don't want me here but I have my own motives." Travis said breaking the silence that filled my car.

I peeped over at him and chuckled. "What? Yo money look a lil funny? Why you getting in the streets, kid?"

"My money ain't funny, nigga. My fuckin' mother was a lawyer. She had her own practice and everything. For a while I was okay with saying she took care of me but when I had my kid I wanted my own.Anyways, you know about Old Webster, right?"

It didn't take long to remember him. Hoody worked for him when he was running everything.

"Do you know 'bout him?"

He nodded. "That was my dad. My mom killed him and then Geneva and Hoody killed her."

I stared at him. This nigga stupid for just telling me about his "plan" without really having to tell me.

"You wanna kill them?" He nodded. I smirked. This little nigga might just be useful I'm not sure yet.

Travis nodded. "They killed my momma, Memph." Shit if Old Web is his father that makes Geneva his sister. If he's willing to kill his own blood then he should be a'ight wit' me.

I chuckled. "Travis, I'm gone school you good by the end of this. Don't ever trust mu'fuckss wit' yo life. Don't for a second think anybody gives a fuck about you cuz frankly I wouldn't give a damn if you died right now. Get it?"

Travis looked at me like he was scared but he nodded and said, "got it."

I pulled into a garage and all guns were pointed at us. "Memphis, what the fuck is this?" Travis started bitching.

"You," I said pointing in his face. "Don't say shit. They feed off fear and nigga I ain't ev'a scared."

I hopped out of the car and threw my hands up. "Man, play nice. I'm here for Hoody."

"Who is that?" The nigga calling the shots asked after noticing Travis in the car.

I looked over into the car. "Oh, him? He a'ight wit' me."

"Does it look like I give a fuck 'bout who you a'ight wit'?" The dude yelled.

"If I was you, I would care who I'm a'ight wit'." I said seriously but with a smile on my face.

He laughed along wit' me. "Well, I don't." He'll change his mind later, I can guarantee that. "Tell him to get out the car wit his hands up."

Travis was staring at me like a lost ass puppy. I motioned for him to get out the car. He climbed out one foot at a time, shaking and shit.

"What's yo name?" Dude asked him. Travis hesitated but he answered. "A'ight, Travis, where's my shit?" Everyone lowered their guns.

"I got yo--" I started talking but was rudely interrupted.

"I believe I said Travis."

This mu'fucka just lost his mind. I grabbed the mu'fucka closest to me and placed my gun to his temple.

"Well, I heard Memphis, muthafucka. I'm running this mu'fuckin show not you, his little ass, or any of these niggas standing behind you."

All the guns were back up and Travis hopped his scary ass back in the car. "This mu'fucka bluffing." he said, laughing.

Why do I always have to prove myself to mu'fuckas? Same shit in Memphis. I pushed the dude down to the ground and shot him in both kneecaps.

The garage was filled with his agonizing screams. I bet you no body pull they trigger on me though.

"Don't shoot!" The dude yelled. "I like this nigga." He walked right up to me. "Memphis, right?" I nodded with my eyebrow raised. "We need more niggas like you. Where's my work?"

I grabbed the duffle bag full of cocaine from the backseat and tossed it to him.

It ain't even pure. After Hoody gave me the dope, I mixed half of it with baking soda and shit like that. The other half is for me to get a little extra cash on the side.

These niggas make it too damn easy to rob them. After the exchange, I turned to the nigga I shot, it was a couple niggas helping him with his wounds.

"Aye, nigga," He mugged me. "I ain't sorry 'bout the knee. Next time don't stand that fuckin' close to me. It could've been anybody." I smirked and hopped in the car.

When we pulled out of the garage, I parked around the corner. Travis opened the door and threw up.

I sighed and pulled out fifty thousand dollars out the bag. I passed about ten g's to Travis once he composed himself.

"Me and you is a team." I said, holding on to the money. "You don't say shit 'bout what goes on wit' us even if they ask. We're a team."

Travis gullible ass is gone believe it.