Part 58 Confronting Lex

(Luthor industries Lex Luthor's office)

While busy writing on his desk Lex Luthor got a call from his receptionist Mercy Graves. 

Umm... sir you have some visitors here to see you".

"Who is it Mercy" replied Lex.

Before she could answer his office doors were broken down and the Justice League alongside Hajime's family stepped through.

 "... Mercy cancel my 2pm meeting this might take a while".

"... Yes sir".

After a moment of silence Lex spoke first.

"Did you really need to break my door down".

"What is Darkseid planning to do with Hajime" asked Yue in a angry tone.

"... Oh I see now, you want me to explain why I agreed to work with Darkseid".

"So you admit it then Lex you teamed up with Darkseid" asked Superman.

"Yes I admit it, I Lex Luthor of my own free will decided to work with Darkseid of Apokolips".

"... Why are you admitting this so easily?"

"It's because Superman it is far too late for you to stop what is about to come".

"Meaning what Luthor" spoke Batman.

"... Meaning I have already set my plan into motion and no matter what you try to do it can not be stopped, so try as you might to foil me because it would be a pleasure to see you fail".

"What's the end game here Lex you wouldn't team up with a lunatic like Darkseid if there wasn't anything in it for you" spoke Superman.

"Very well I'll indulge your curiosity what I want... is Hajime's power".

After hearing those words Hajime's wives started to get tense and release a very deadly killing intent getting ready to kill Lex right then and there however before they could Batman spoke up.

"Say it clearly Lex instead of Hajime's power what you want is his energy signature and magical formula emanating through out his body".

Everyone turned to Batman in response to his words.

"That's right detective you guessed right" spoke Lex Luthor.

"With his energy signature in the palm of my hands I can repurpose and replicate it using scientific means providing a clean and unique bio energy causing this world to take its first step forward into the future which it so desperately needs, and when I do so everyone will know that it was I Lex Luthor which caused it all to happen".

"That's why you made a deal with Darkseid. You receive Hajime's energy and then you give him the anti life equation in return".

"Yes but with his energy it can provide a lot more then just another type of fuel source. Weaponry for military enhancement fighting against all present and future alien threats and invasions, food implications by consuming a mixture of both his energy and food together it would give enhancements to the human race making them stronger, smarter, faster and better then ever before. There are limitless applications I can provide for the human race and as I do so my name will go down in history as the sole saviour of planet earth".

"Your mad" spoke Batman.

"Mad? mad? its you people who are mad wasting an opportunity like this, you would just send him back to where he came from instead of exploiting him for furthering humanity along".

"Hajime is not yours to experiment with if you need a power source use your own resources" spoke Yue. 

"You think I haven't tried to do just that. Among all the villains the Justice League fought and defeated, among all the weaponry and technology that they have collected over the years not once have they used any of that for the benefit of humanity. They horde everything they collect from their battles and display them as trophies in their stupid little watch tower above earth. I am the only one capable of providing a future that we all can be proud of using whatever it is at my disposal and right now Hajime is at my disposal so I am not going to waste this chance".

"If you do this Hajime might die and if he does this planet will burn I assure you of that" said Yue with a dark and monstrous glare in his eye".

"... I don't think so, do you know why?"

"..."

"It's because as much as I hate the Justice League I do have to admit one fact, they are resourceful and I believe that if there is any threat to planet earth they will be there to stop it, always" Lex Luthor smiled after saying those words.

"..."

"And besides from what I've learnt about him through Darkseid's underlings, without him by your side your no real threat at all".

Enraged at hearing this Yue attacked Lex using her magic 'Glacial sleet' which formed needles of ice ready to pierce him to the wall, but before the blow could be dealt the Justice League intervened.

"Yue enough" spoke Wonder Woman blocking her attack with her shield while protecting Lex Luthor from behind.

Lex could only smile at this act of protection from a hero doing there rightful and at times gullible deed.

"See Yue, I told you that they were resourceful".

Yue's anger only grew larger with each second passing by.

"Lex enough" said Superman.

Lex stopped his taunting and looked towards Superman's way.

"What is Darkseid planning".

Lex smiled and then spoke. "... He is planning to use Hajime to kill all of the New God's then send him here to earth to kill all of you as he retrieves the anti life equation that is located somewhere on this planet. In exchange for helping him once he retrieves the anti life equation Hajime is then mine to do with as I please. That... was the original agreement however since I copied the recording that Amazo had sent from his database to Darkseid I... decided to take another approach".

"Meaning?"

"Meaning Batman that when I'm at a disadvantage I change the rules of the game so that they go my way".

That next moment Lex put out his hand and as he did the anti life equation appeared before the League right in front of their eyes. 

"Now then everyone lets make a deal".