Part 29 Oath

With the ice prison breaking apart Lobo emerged free.

"You freaking BASTICH I am going to tear you a new one".

Green Lantern could only make a tired and exhausting expression.

"Just my luck".

"You think you can just take down the main man without a fight well do yer you bastich".

"That was what I was hoping for".

"I'm gonna enjoy crushing your spirit you pipsqueak".

Lobo smiled while cracking his knuckles and raising his fist up high ready to pound Green Lantern piece by piece.

Before Lobo could start a gunshot was made blowing his fist apart leaving small chunks of his former hand all over the place behind. Puzzled as to why both Lobo and Green Lantern turned their heads in the direction of the sound the gun made.

"Honestly I am out of it for a few minutes and this entire team goes to hell. How you lot managed to stay alive this long is beyond me".

The person behind those words was none other the white haired eye patch wearing other worldly God killing irregular demon lord other wise known as Hajime Nagumo and now that he has set his sights on Lobo as his enemy nothing can stop him from putting him down for good. Hajime composure and expression was as cold as ice as he stared down Lobo while still pointing the tip of his muzzle at him.  

"Now I have a lot of questions regarding the situation right now so fill me in as soon as I deal with this kiss copyrighting ugly backstreet biker alien bastard alright glow stick" said Hajime.

"Ha you think you can beat the main man do ya punk".

"Frankly I have no doubt but before we fight I have just one question".

"... Which is?"

"You were sent here to capture me dead or alive correct".

"Yeah something like that and?".

"In which case this is what I want to ask. If you take me back to the person who hired you will I be reunited with a blonde haired girl with red eyes".

"Does that even matter punk the main man here was sent to retrieve your sorry ass and bring it to the payer, didn't really specify what condition he wanted you back in though and frankly that is just fine by me".

"So I'm taking it that you have no clue then do you".

"Ha no clue and besides your wench isn't my priority punk you are and when I get a job the main man always delivers".

An intense and somewhat demonic pressure filled the air then at that next moment the revolver of Hajime's gun spontaneously fired a shot easily piercing through Lobo's forehead creating a gaping hole which could be seen through. Lobo collapsed on the floor bleeding out on the ground. 

"Hey, asshole what gives you the right to call my woman like that huh. You know I was just going to kill you because you became my enemy but now because you just insulted Yue, I am going to torture you and make you beg for death" said Hajime with a cold tone. 

"Hajime that is enough you need to restrain Lobo and go and help Superman and Cyborg as we agreed".

Martian-Man hunter showed himself behind Hajime and talked to him concerning the matter at hand.  

"John" said Green Lantern in a relieving voice.

"I know we agreed on it but how do you expect me to go into space. Through out everything that I can do I still cant fly or breath in space you know" said Hajime.

Martian-Man hunter gave a deep and disappointing gaze.

Green Lantern was thinking of a way to help despite his broken limbs then as he was about to give up he had come up with a really terrible idea. Even by his own standards.

"Oi pirate boy come here a sec".

Curious to why he was called Hajime turned his head and walked over to the unable to move Green Lantern.

"And what do you want glow stick".

".... In order for you help us out and... for me to be of any help at all I can think of only one way to do both of those things at once. Take my power ring and put it on your finger. If you have enough will power then theoretically it should be possible for you to wear it".

"And why exactly do you want me to wear the only thing that brings any value of yourself to this team of yours huh".

"... Because for as much as I hate you if you don't do this and save them you will never find out where your little girlfriend is all on your own. You need us as much as we need you".

Hajime stayed silent and only stared "............ Alright fine".

Hajime crouched down carefully pulled off the ring from Green Lanterns broken hand and wore the ring himself.

"... Is something superposed to happen now or what because I put it on and nothing happened".

"You need to say the oath".

"What oath".

"The oath of the Green Lantern corps, when you say it you will become a... temporary Green Lantern yourself".

"Whats the oath your supposed to say".

"Come here" Hajime put his ear to Green Lanterns mouth as he whispered what he had to say. When he finished Hajime stood up and looked at Green Lantern with a cringed face.

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard".

"Regardless of what you think if you don't say it then you can't go into space."

Hajime twitched his eye then deeply sighed as if it couldn't be helped.

"In brightest day... In blackest night... no evil shall escape my sight, let those who worship evils might... beware my power........."

"Say it".

"Beware my power, Green Lanterns might".

The ring glowed bright green then changed his look into a Green Lantern corps member.