Part 41 Spectre

"Keep your hands on his wound to try to keep him from bleeding out any more then what he already has" said Hal Jordan.

"On it meanwhile you keep trying to get in contact with John" said Wonder Woman replying back.

"John... John where the hell are you damn it".

"I'm 20 seconds out keep him stable".

As Batman struggled to live his life flashed before his eyes.

First was seeing his parents death with him kneeling on the floor with tears rolling down his eyes. Then the adoption of Dick Grayson followed by the death of Jason Todd. The Founding of the Justice League, the battles they won and the battles that they rarely lost. The battle crisis on infinite earths along with Superman's death and resurrection with many more memory's flooding his mind. The last few flashes of memory were about the encounter with Hajime over the last few days. His arrival, the battles between him and the League with his final moments just before he was shot.

As his vision went white he closed his eyes, just seconds before his death time slowed down and in the back of his mind a visitor came to see him off.

"Batman, although inevitable the day of your death is a day I thought would not come until a later time in your life".

"... Spectre what the hell are you doing here in my mind".

"I have come to your deathbed to see you off to a better place detective".

"No I still have work to do, I need to stop Hajime from killing anymore people. 

"That is no longer any of your concern".

"The hell it isn't, your a spirit of vengeance with an entity like him why have you done nothing about it".

"... This Hajime is outside my power".

"How is that possible you have cosmic-level reality warping powers with someone of your capability stopping him would be easy".

"Do not misunderstand Batman it's not that I wont stop him I cant".

"What do you mean, why not?"

Where ever this Hajime is from he is outside your multiverse and because of that my powers have no effect on him, what ever is shielding him from me is due to that fact.

"If you cant stop him then send me back so I can do it myself".

"You can not hope to stop him by yourself".

"I wont know until I try".

"... My involvement is not necessary your friend the martian is currently working on your body so when hes finished you will be sent back, unless you choose otherwise then I can stop him from doing so". 

"No let him do his job and bring me back to life".

"... As you wish but I warn you detective when you go back there will be a price to balance out your recovery, one of equal or greater consequence".  

As he finished speaking he started to disappear.

"Before you leave I have a question".

The Spectre stopped and reappeared as fast as he was about to go away straight up in to Batman's face.

"Speak".

Batman was unfazed. 

"Did Hajime appear in this world looking to take back his wife".

"Why do you ask me that".

"For someone like him the story he told was... doubtful and questionable at best".

"... Indeed when this Hajime first arrived I felt a... miss-balance in the universe one like I have never felt before, his presence is off setting to say the least.

"Stop avoiding the question and answer me did he come to this world to look for his wife yes or no".

"... No he did not".

After that Batman awoke with Hal Jordan, Wonder Woman and Martian Man-hunter by his side in agonizing pain.

"Batman what happened? Who did this to you? Are they still here?"

Hal Jordan started to bombard Batman with questions one after another about who could of done such a thing. Ignoring Hal Batman gripped onto Wonder Woman's arm with what little strength he had left.

"D... Diana y... you have to stop him from leavin... g".

"Who?"

"Hajime. S... stop Hajime from leaving then bind him with your lasso of truth to... to find out why he really came here to this ea... r... th".

Batman fainted from his own blood spilling out onto the floor.

"Find him I don't even know where to... John you were going over the security footage right do you have any idea where Hajime might be". 

Wonder Woman stared at her friend pressing for an answer.

"He... came to me before I was called over, if were not to late he should still be with the Watch Tower computer".

As Martian Man-hunter answered Wonder Woman stood up and spoke.

"Wait right here and keep him stable i'll be right back".

At that next moment Wonder Woman flew through the floors above her to try to stop Hajime once and for all.

(Back with Hajime)

"Hajime are you done" asked Yue.

"Almost hold on just a second more and... alright now i'm done" replied Hajime.

"Yue are you all set".

"Nn... ready when you are".

"Great then lets h... Yue jump back now".

Before Hajime could finish leaving both himself and Yue jumped out of the way leaving behind Wonder Woman who came crashing up through the floor.

"Hajime enough is enough I will not tolerate your behavior any more, and because of what you did to my friend Bruce there shall be no mercy for you not anymore".

Hajime could only stare unfazed at what Wonder Woman said.

"Huh so you mean to tell me that up until this point in time you have been showing me mercy and have been holding back every time we fought. That is what your saying right?"

"Yes".

"And by not holding back you think you can beat me right?"

"Yes".

"I see... now that your my enemy... prepare to die".