v

-', (chapter five) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"DAD, I'M HOME!" Eden didn't know why she would announce her arrival when she came through the front door, she knew her dad would be long asleep in his chair. Sure enough, he was, snoring like something was blocking his throat with a beer bottle just barely held in his grasp.

Eden sighed and sucked off her shoes, wanting nothing more than to just go to sleep and get rid of this headache, but, she came over to her dad and took the bottle out of his hand before kissing his head.

The table was covered in beer bottles and other trash to be cleaned. Eden told herself that she'd just get it in the morning when she cleans the house. She grabbed the remote and turned off the TV before making her way upstairs to her bedroom.

It seemed to be the only neat room in the house. There was nothing on the floor beside her rug, her bookshelf stored books, records, albums, etc. Her walks were lined with fake vines decorated with fairy lights that illuminated her room at night. She had a small TV mounted to her wall that she barely ever used.

She spent most of her time at Jungkook's house anyways, to do homework, eat dinner, sometimes spend the night.

Eden just didn't like being here. She didn't like constantly having to clean the house. Waiting for her dad to come back home from work without a word, perpetually wasted all the time. She didn't like the quiet that came from being at home alone.

Eden tossed her phone and glasses into her bed before pulling off her clothes and placing them in her basket to be washed this weekend. She grabbed a shirt from her dresser and climbed into bed.

She plugged up her phone to its charger before sliding under her comforter and settling in for the night. She should've been long asleep, but she had to get Jungkook home too. He did as promised and didn't do anything stupid besides drink more alcohol so she had to be the one to drive him home and then walk back to her own house. There have been plenty of times where he's had to do the same.

Eden was fast on her way to sleep when her phone buzzed beside her head, lighting up to show the push notification on top of Jungkook's face. She contemplates ignoring it and simply checking it in the morning when she isn't exhausted out of her mind, but, another notification comes in and she's forced to answer.

It's from Jungkook.

Cookie 🍪💞:
Thnx for taking me home denden

Cookie 🍪💞:
Ily gn

Eden smiled softly under the dim light of her screen. I love you meant something different between them than with other people. It was an unspoken meaning between them that they didn't really understand themselves, but it didn't matter. Other people didn't have to understand.