ix

-', (chapter nine) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

JIMIN EVENTUALLY CAME BACK WITH THE MUFFIN for Jungkook and took a nap in the back on the couch until his alarm woke him up and he was back off to work for the next hour and a half until the place closed for the night.

Until then, Jungkook convinced Eden to stop working for a little bit and take a break with him. He took her hands in a gentle hold and pulled her along around the counter to come into the main area with him. "Come on, let's have a little fun. All you do is work."

Eden scoffed at his words like it doesn't make sense that she's working at her job. "Yeah, it's almost like I'm paid to do my job. How outlandish." The sarcasm is thick in her voice but it doesn't deter Jungkook from pulling her along into the main area of the store and pushing the cushy couches to the side as well as the table.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making room- for dancing." He looked back at her, a gleam in his eyes that contain the universe within them. In the golden rays of light, his eyes look like pools of raw honey. Eden always thought the brown eyes, however dull most made them out to be, could be the most beautiful sights in the world. Especially Jungkook's.

Eden crossed her arms. "Why are we dancing in the middle of my job?" But her questions remained unanswered and Jungkook took out his phone and went to his Spotify to play a song for them to dance to.

When it began playing, Eden couldn't roll her eyes harder. "Really? Sweater Weather? You are really going for this." He knew her current favorite song was Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. He came over and grabbed her hands with a grin brighter than the sun itself. "Stop with the questions and dance with me. We always do this, you love it."

She does.

Jungkook places her hand on her shoulder and holds the right one while placing his in her upper back. He was sure never to go too low, always on her mid-back at the lowest. His efforts didn't go in vain, Eden appreciated his consciousness. They were best friends until the end but there are limits to how comfortable they are doing certain things.

Eden began giggling when Jungkook pulled her close and began waltzing around in the middle of the bookstore for anyone to see. They didn't care if bystanders would watch and see, they were convinced they were perfectly alone right now.

She should be working, maximizing her efforts to get paid, but she got paid by the hour, not by how much work had been done. So she could enjoy this break for a little bit. Dancing with her best friend in a public space without a care in the world because they're just kids.

Jungkook knew how to relieve stress. Doing stuff that doesn't cause stress in the first place. He does simple stuff like walks on the beach and takes pictures of things he finds beautiful. He does things he loves and doesn't waste time on things that won't matter to him in the future.

That's why he doesn't waste his time in girls he just starts to date for the hell of it or school work when he just did the tests and got his passing grade. He likes skateboarding, spending time with Eden, and living his life to the fullest.

Jungkook sang to the song and encouraged her to do the same. They both knew the lyrics by heart at this point, listening to the song in repeat together. He was just a far better singer than her. Eden sounded like a barn owl when she sang so she allowed Jungkook to do his thing.

He put his head back, laughing softly before looking at Eden with a sort of wild excitement. "We should do this more often. Why did we ever stop?"

Because they grew up and got older and had more responsibilities to take on, mostly on Eden's part. They couldn't be as careless and carefree as they were before, though in this moment it felt like they could.

"I don't know." She responded and in her stomach, there was a single, soft flutter of wings, butterfly wings.

And then the bell above the door was hit and the two looked to the door to see Taehyung walking through. What was he doing here?

Eden was the first to let go, retract from her best friend and move to the side away from him as a nervous smile came to her lips. "Taehyung, I didn't expect you to come. What are you doing here?" She went to go pause the music.

Taehyung decided to pretend as if he didn't see the two dancing together and shook his head. He had his vape out, between his lips, taking a bit before blowing out the smoke and letting it evaporate. "I came to visit Jimin, thought I'd stop by. Sorry if I interrupted anything." He glanced over to Jungkook who stood to the side and stared at him, offended by his interruption of their moment.

Eden quickly shook her head. She didn't have the heart to tell him that he wasn't allowed to smoke in here, the butterflies in her stomach made it impossible to do so. "No, not at all." She moved to push the furnisher back into place, motioning for Jungkook to help. After a moment he does. They push the couches back forward and the coffee table in the center before Eden walked back around the counter where she once had been.

She listens to the sound of Taehyung's boots against the creaky wooden floor and takes in the sight of him in that worn leather jacket. His messy black hair was pushed back out of his face with only a few strands falling over his eyes. Eden wanted to pull him close and kiss him, taste the mango on his lips and tongue.

"You got any good book recommendations?" He asked her, leaning against the counter in front of her as he takes another hit. Eden is completely enraptured by the boy in front of her, completely forgetting the boy she was once with standing to the side awkwardly.

When he lets the vapor out of his mouth, Eden gets a good whiff of it and melts. She's addicted already and wants another blowback from his lips as they slowly caress hers. She nods slowly. "Y-Yeah. Just follow me." She walks around the counter and begins down the endless maze of the bookstore with Taehyung in tow with his Juul in hand.

Jungkook's left standing in the front of the store, completely unmoving from his spot where he was left. He couldn't exactly blame Eden for going with Taehyung but they were having a moment, they were having fun together and he came and ruined it.

He reasoned that they'd have another moment. They have moments together all the time. They could dance together in his room at a sleepover, or maybe go to be beach and take pictures together.

Jungkook just had to come to accept that he wasn't the one boy she care about above all else anymore.

And that kind of hurt.

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

Idk what to say really abt this chapter...it was cute. Idk I'm just tired. I have to get ready for school.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ