xv

-', (chapter fifteen) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

EDEN SIGHED AS SHE FELL ONTO HER BED, kicking off her shoes in frustration. She wanted to throw herself out of a window and never set her eyes upon Jungkook again. Not because she had a bad time with him.

But because she had a great time.

She grinned and laughed in response to his silly tricks and witty jokes. Even his fails happened to be funny, seeing as he didn't get actually hurt. He fell at the bottom of the bowl and because the walls were so steep, he couldn't get back up.

"You okay down there?" Eden giggled, peeking over the side of the bowl down at him. He was sitting on the ground at the bottom of the bowl. He looked up at her and grinned. "You mind helping me up, I tried running up the side but I almost hit my head."

She couldn't help but laugh at him in joyous jester. Of course, she would help him back up, but first, Eden grabbed his camera and took a picture of him right there, sitting on the ground. Jungkook gave her the bird, once again, she took a picture.

"I'm gonna delete that when I get home." He stood up and grabbed his skateboard. Eden put his camera to the side and moved forward until half her body was over the side of the bowl. She grabbed his skateboard first and put it to the side before reaching for Jungkook.

He backed up slowly, ready to run up the wall so he could reach her hand. He sighed and ran forwards, able to gain such traction on the wall. His hand clasped onto hers and they held on tight.

Jungkook weighed a lot more than she had expected and it nearly dragged her into the bowl with him. She buckled down and moved back a bit, trying to keep herself from trapping them both while pulling him up.

"What do your parents feed you? Bricks?" Eden grunted as Jungkook made his way up and grabbed the edge of the bowl to lift himself. He managed to get up enough to shift the balance up onto the flat concrete and sighed. "Yep, three times a day. I eat cement as an after-school snack."

They lay down beside the bowl next to each other and soon, they're giggling like two five-year-olds.

They had such good times together and that's the problem. Every time he laughed that stupid, adorable, baby laugh, his eyes glittering as the sun sets behind him, Eden wants to kiss his head, his nose,

His lips.

But instead, she hugged him and he hugged her back without hesitation out of instinct. He placed his head on her shoulder like he always did when they hugged and Eden felt like crying.

She didn't want to like Jungkook because she loved him, everything about this dark-eyed boy she absolutely adored and her liking him even a little bit could ruin this. Everything they had could crumble.

Eden put her hands over her face and sighed softly. Hopefully, with this roller skating thing, she could find a way to see Jungkook as just a friend once more. Their friendship would still be intact and everything.