xxvii

-', (chapter twenty seven) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

JUNGKOOK WASN'T THERE THE NEXT DAY
Or the day after that. Or the day after that. He didn't come to his classes for a week. His desks remained empty day after day and Eden grew more and more worried.

She thought about calling Jungkook or maybe one of his moms. She went to the skatepark after her classes to see if he was there and he never was, just some kids who happened to find it too.

Eden missed Jungkook. She missed his disregard for the rules. She missed his mischievous smiles and sweet laughter. Besides her feelings for him, Eden just wanted him back, as her friend, as someone she cares for deeply.

Her days seemed so long without him there. Like they took days to get through. She felt exhausted at the end of her days and could only focus on getting home and going to bed to sleep in sweet release.

Jungkook refused to go to school for that entire week, no matter how much Jia and Iseul tried to get him up. He just stayed in his room with a stash of banana milk in his mini-fridge and eating uncooked noodles.

He was determined to avoid Eden for the rest of his life, and yes, he realized that it was a stupid idea and that it was physically impossible, but that didn't stop him.

"Look, you just need to go and talk to her. I'm sure she'll understand." Iseul told him, sitting on his bed beside him. He looked rough, dark circles under his eyes, messy hair. He hadn't taken a shower in three days but miraculously didn't smell.

Jungkook avoided his problems like the plague. He preferred not to face them head-on. In reality, Jungkook's lived a privileged life with two parents who love him, who give him everything he could ever want and need. He was in a position where he could just turn his back on his problems without a care. Not everyone was so fortunate.

He slouched in bed. "I don't know...What if she decides she doesn't want to be friends anymore. That it'll be too awkward."

The idea of that seemed ridiculous to Iseul. Nothing could break those two apart, they were meant for each other. She was sure they'd make up eventually, or maybe even date.

She placed her hand on his leg and sighed softly. No mother wanted to see their child in pain, physically, emotionally, etc. But she needed to push him. It was her responsibility to push him to be better.

Plus, he couldn't be missing any more of his classes.

"Go to your classes on Monday, baby. Try to talk to Eden if you think you can." She told him. "Sleep this weekend. You're gonna kill yourself if you stay up like this."

With that, Iseul stands up and leans over to press a kiss on his forehead. "And take a shower. I thought I raised you better." She lightly slapped his arm, a playful grin forming on her lips. She and Jungkook had different smiles. It made Jungkook think that there may be one random person in the world that he just shares random features with.