vi

-', (chapter six) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

JUNGKOOK HAD A MASSIVE HANGOVER. Massive was an understatement, it was blistering, splitting his head into two. He had no desire to get out of bed or even move for that matter, but medicine was necessary for his recovery.

That and Eden to sit and run her fingers through his hair. He'd have one of his mom's do it, but then that would to them asking for the cause of his headache to which he couldn't lie. They were gone anyways, Iseul was off with clients while Jia was at her office on campus to work on grading papers. So Eden was the only one to do it.

He texted her, asking for her to come over.

Denner 🍽️ :
Yeah, I'll be there in a few.

There she is with that always proper spelling and grammar. It makes Jungkook feel stupid in comparison, but his way is faster anyways.

Jungkook had his face buried in his pillows until Eden came. She knew where the spare key was and simply let herself in. He listened as the front door opened and closed, fully aware that a stranger could've walked into his house but he simply didn't care.

"Kookoo. You up here?" Eden pushed open the door to Jungkook's room, spotting the boy lying flat on his bed, trying to suffocate himself in his pillow. She smiled fondly and comes over to his bed to sit down beside him. His body is draped in an oversized black shirt and baggy grey sweatpants that make him look small in comparison when he's anything but.

"Remind me never to drink again." He turns his head towards her but keeps his eyes closed. He can smell her, the smell of fresh rain upon the earth and morning dew. It was her natural scent and he preferred it over any perfume in the world.

Jungkook always says that, but next thing he knows, he has a cup in his hand and he's drinking whatever's inside. Eden reminds him in vain.

"I always do."

Jungkook moves like a lethargic beast, slowly and sluggish as he goes to lay down beside her with his head in her lap, using her squishy thighs as pillows. His eyes remained closed and he takes in a deep breath. Her smell is like medicine, easing his headache by the slightest degree.

Immediately, Eden's fingers found their way into Jungkook's fluffy hair, brushing the strands with her fingers to ease his suffering, though he deserved it.

"You are a mess." She chuckled softly, looking down at the way his cheek squished against her thighs, his lips puckered softly, opened. It looks a lot like he's sleeping, but his brows pull together and his lips curve into a smile. "I know."

In all honesty, this was just as relaxing for Eden as it was for Jungkook. Just sitting in the presence of her favorite person in the world made her happy. Jungkook would do just this for her if he were able to run his fingers through her hair and his thighs were far too firm and muscular for her to be comfortable laying her head on his thighs.