xvii

-', (chapter seventeen) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

ROLLER SKATING IS A SOLID DATE LOCATION. There was music, food, romantic moments where you fall on your ass with your date and you both laugh together while struggling to get back on your feet without going face-first into the sleek, wooden floor.

Tickets were 2 dollars each and Taehyung offered to pay the fee for the six of them. He and Eden, Yoongi and Jimin, and Jungkook, who decided to go solo for this one. He couldn't think of anyone to invite with him and he wasn't even sure if he wanted to go in the first place.

But Eden wanted him to come. She said it would be fun and Jungkook didn't want to disappoint her.

Eden and Jimin were the most excited, rushing away to the booth to go get skates for themselves. The rest of the group followed behind, Taehyung with his hands in the pockets of his jacket, looking around at the other people there while Yoongi smiles softly.

Jungkook isn't in the greatest mood, having to go about this alone while watching Eden cling all lovey-dovey against Taehyung. She was happy, excited for her date, and who was he to ruin that for her? He'd let her be happy and not let his jealousy get in the way.

Jealous. What a strange word between them. Jungkook's never been jealous of someone being near her before. He's always been comfortable with where he was with her but now he wasn't and it irritated the life out of him.

He got skates for himself, though he doubted that he'd be using them tonight. Everyone had a partner except for him and even then, him having a good time wasn't guaranteed.

He was too zoned out to see Eden running over to him, wearing skin-tight skinny jeans that showed the curves of her hips and a shirt she had actually borrowed from him a long time ago and simply never returned.

She was wearing his shirt on a date with another guy. He could understand why she would think much of it, hell, he wouldn't have thought much of it a few weeks ago but jealousy was a nasty thing, a sickness really.

"Hey, do I smell good?" Eden asked him, snapping him out of his self-induced trance as he stands at the booth to get his skates. He looked down at her. She put on a little more makeup than usual tonight but she still looked gorgeous.

Jungkook raised a brow at her. "You always smell good." It was a simple fact. Jungkook has never once caught Eden smelling bad. She took showers every night, deodorant, perfume, clean clothes, etc.

She sighed. "Please just tell me if I smell good." She needed a second third opinion on it, already asking Jimin earlier.

So Jungkook bent down and sniffed her, in all honesty, he got closer than he needed to. Sensitive skin, sensitive nose too. But she smelled pleasant as always. He stayed a little longer than needed as well, but eventually, he retracted. "Yeah, you smell fine, Den." He spoke almost breathlessly.