xxix

-', (chapter twenty nine) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

JUNGKOOK AWOKE WITH A BLISTERING HEADACHE, one that made it hard to even think. The light streaming through the window didn't help. His jeans clung uncomfortably to his legs, making him want to take them off.

He groans softly and presses his head into the pillow it lies upon. It smells like Eden. Exactly like Eden actually. It's soothing.

That's when he takes notice of the person sleeping in his arms. Jungkook turns his head and cracks open his eye. His lips curve into a smile. Eden. He's in her room. At least his drunk mind was smart enough to go to her. He honestly can't remember all that much from last night. He was drinking, then he took a few pills, next thing he knew he was in the road and at Eden's door.

Jungkook guessed that they had made up if they were sleeping in the same bed again. He didn't care how they made up, it would come to him eventually, instead, he basked in this moment and held her tighter.

She grumbled under her breath and rolled over. Quickly, Jungkook shut his eyes, pretending to be asleep. He kept his breathing light and paced, hoping she wouldn't be able to tell.

"You were never good at pretending to be asleep." Jungkook heard her murmur to him. He couldn't help but smile. In all honesty, Eden didn't know if he was awake but the smile gave him away. He opened his eyes and they found hers. "I  could still try." His voice was rough. His throat was dry from all that alcohol he drank.

"My head hurts," Jungkook tells her, sitting up. He feels a little dizzy with stars sitting in his vision. It hurts a lot and he wished to just cuddle with Eden for the rest of the day until it went away. He lowered his head and placed his hands over his face to block out the light.

Eden sighed and rolled out of bed. "Hold on, my dad has Advil somewhere." She really hoped that her dad was asleep. The last thing she needed was him getting his shotgun, trying to shoot Jungkook for getting near her.

She left her room and closed the door behind her before walking into the bathroom to grab the medicine before going downstairs.

Her father was on his chair, watching TV with a beer bottle in hand, rocking slowly.

Fuck.

"Good morning, papa." Eden smiled, coming over to kiss his cheek before walking away to the kitchen to grab a come of water. She was trying to think of a way to get Jungkook out of here.

Her father hummed softly. "Someone parked either car in front of the house. Asshole kids." He grumbled, opening up the blinds to glare at the blue Camaro outside of their house.

Eden just nodded along. "Yeah, it'll be gone eventually." She walked away, rushing back upstairs to her room. Jungkook would probably have to go through the window, but that was unlikely to happen. They'd have to wait until her dad went to sleep.