xiii

-', (chapter thirteen) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"TAE! Yoongi's coming over for a project and I need you to stay in the living room with us!" Jimin called, tying an old apron his mom had in storage around his waist as he prepared for them to start on their project. Anxiety replaced the blood in his veins as the thought of Min Yoongi standing in his living room with no one else here nearly made him faint.

But Taehyung came rushing downstairs, all dressed up and ready to leave with his trusty vape. "No can do, I'm going to the skatepark with Jungkook and Eden." Yes, he could just tell them he couldn't make it, but now that he knows Yoongi's coming over, he's definitely not staying.

The last thing Taehyung wants is to listen to his brother getting railed in the room beside his. No thanks, he'd rather slam his nuts in the door than willingly do that to himself.

Before Jimin could say anything, Taehyung rushed out of the front door, slamming it shut behind him which left only Jimin alone in the house while their parents were at work. Soon Yoongi would be here and then it would just be them two. In this,

Big,

Empty,

House.

Jimin sighed, running his hands over his face in preparation for the amount of energy it would take to remain normal and collected in front of him. It was always a struggle not to collapse into a puddle of goo or ignore the knots the tie-up his intestines.

And now they were to be spending hours together for multiple days, sculpting his own face in some twisted sense of karma. Though, he hadn't even done anything bad.

The doorbell ring, long and loud in the little tune that always annoyed Jimin but now made him nervous. He let out a deep breath and marched over to the door, opening it to be greeted by the fresh, minty-haired boy whose lips probably tasted like mint as well.

Jimin consciously smiled when it would be subconscious for everyone else. He was painfully aware of how his lips curled up and maybe he looked awkward. But Yoongi gave him a quick smile as well, not the gummy one Jimin was hoping to see but the one where his lips pull into a line, and even then that's adorable.

"I was scared I didn't get the right house. It looks so different when other people aren't here." Yoongi stepped forward with the intent of stepping inside and instinctively, Jimin moved away. Safe distance between the two of them at all times, but with them working within close proximity to each other, that rule may have to be broken.

Yoongi took off his shoes beside the door and took his bag off his shoulder. He agreed to bring the sculpting materials since Jimin had to carry around the clay everywhere.

"We should start at the base and make around way up, from for shoulders, then neck and then head," Yoongi said, digging through his bag for the tools. He set them down on the counter while Jimin rolled out the tarp they'd be working on so that they didn't ruin the floor. "Sounds good."

Jimin came over and gave Yoongi the other apron that he had found in storage. Yoongi reached out for it, their hands brushing against each other with a spark that crackled between them.

Logistically, it was just electrons that had built up in their bodies and when they touched, there was a charge, but Jimin couldn't help to think far much more of it.

He presumed that Yoongi didn't think much of it, he just kept on moving like he hadn't felt the spark at all. Jimin felt a little disheartened by his lack of reaction.

Yoongi turned the apron and looked at the front, reading the words before cracking the smallest hint of a smile. "Kiss the Cook?" He turned the apron around to show Jimin and sure enough, it said that with a little lipstick stain.

Jimin's cheeks blossomed red. "Oh, we can switch if you want." He reached behind his back to untie his apron but Yoongi already had his around his neck, tying the back into a bow before shoving the sleeves of his jacket up to his elbows. "No need, I like it. Let's get started, yeah?"

Jimin stood there was Yoongi picked up the large bucket of clay and put it down on the tarp before going back to grab the tools and some water. He figured he should just ignore what he said, just the musings of a boy with a cheesy apron.

He joined Yoongi on the tarp, sitting beside him as they begin their project in Jimin's likeness. Now, he'd be able to witness Yoongi's large hands working up close and personal, the way his fingers brush over the grooves of the clay, brushing over what would be Jimin himself. It was almost ironic. Yoongi would be touching Jimin's statue, a likeness of himself, but not the real thing.

Yoongi didn't like wearing gloves he's noticed. He liked feeling the clay under his hands, being able to feel what he's doing. Wet fingers suited him. Jimin wanted to feet those wet, clay-covered fingers trailing up his body, holding him close, gripping onto him.

But Yoongi wasn't gay. As far as Jimin knew, he was just straight and there's nothing he could do to change that. He can't change sexualities and he didn't want to. Jimin just couldn't accept his loss.

Yoongi took some clay and wet his hands before beginning to form and mold the material in his hands while Jimin watched with hungry eyes.

"You gonna help?" Yoongi asked him with an arched brow. The younger perked up, his eyes turning round as he had been caught staring. Quickly he grabbed some more clay and began to help him form the thick mass, though Jimin had a rather thin, dainty neck.

He could feel Yoongi's eyes staring at him, his neck, trying to get the details right, curves and slopes and length. How prominent his Adam's Apple was, how thin his neck was. Yoongi stared unapologetically, soon his head trail up to Jimin's face and the sharp, defined features that make him so beautiful.

There was a difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to someone and Yoongi felt both. Jimin was attractive and Yoongi, who's never felt anything for guys before, felt something bubbling and he didn't like it.

Maybe he was just mistaking admiration for feelings. Maybe because Jimin was feminine, looked feminine, dressed feminine so on, his mind was tricking him. Jimin was a large advocate that pronouns don't equal gender. He was a boy who, though preferred he/him pronouns, accepted any.

The point was, Yoongi had never been attracted to anyone with a penis. So he must be straight, right? That's how that worked.

But the nagging thought of what Jimin's lips may feel like against his, what they might taste like was there, begging him to find out. Maybe what his skin would feel like under his hands. Or what it would be like to hold his hands.

What kind of food does he like? What's his favorite color? Ideal date?

So maybe Yoongi wasn't 100% straight. Doesn't matter, sexuality is a spectrum and he doesn't know where he lies on it. He was envious of Jimin who refused to place himself on a spectrum.

He was bold and confident and knew who he was while Yoongi now felt a big question mark about himself.

Jimin was causing emotions and feelings to arise within Yoongi that he didn't know he could feel for someone of the same sex. They sat dormant, repressed until now when the pretty, dainty boy beside him sparked them. And that terrified him.

Jimin was an enigma.

And Yoongi didn't know what to do about it.

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

There will be a sort of mini plot within this b-plot of Yoongi trying to figure out his sexual identity and he does have just a tad bit of internalized homophobia. I just thought I'd warn y'all before we continue.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay (=^・ェ・^=)