xx

-', (chapter twenty) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"DID YOU GIVE YOONGI MY NUMBER?" Jimin said as he opened the front door to his house. Eden was coming over to help Jimin with homework. Chemistry was a bitch for both of them so they figured they could put their single brain cells together and hopefully spark something between them.

Eden raised a brow at him, her hand gripping the strap of her backpack. "Yeah? He asked for it-"

Jimin reached out and took Eden's face between his hands, without warning, he leaned forward and gave her a firm kiss on the lips. Eden was taken aback for a moment and when Jimin pulled his face away, she blinked.

"I fucking love you," Jimin told her, his eyes glowing and his grin almost blinding. He took the expression "I'm so happy I could kiss you" to a literal level. Not that Eden didn't think it was hot, but it was quite surprising.

"I love you too? But next time I'd rather be kissed by your brother if we can make that happen." She grinned at him. "And maybe ask before you kiss someone." Solid advice for life.

Jimin let go of her face and scratched his head. "Yeah, I'm sorry. My fault. But Yoongi texted me last night!" He motioned her inside and closed the door behind her. "He thanked me for inviting him and told me to get good sleep." He sighed dreamily.

Eden knew she made the right decision. They probably would've taken weeks to get to this point on their own, but of course, she wouldn't inject herself into their growing relationship. It was nice watching from the sidelines, being thrown into the middle of drama was complicated.

Aka, Jungkook, and Taehyung.

It was easier just watching.

Jimin didn't bother getting dressed for Eden's visit. If he was going to be in his house, he was going to be comfortable. His mother, who stood in the kitchen with her morning cup of coffee, wasn't happy about it.

"Jimin, I told you to put some clothes on. Don't be indecent. Your friend is here." She scolded him, her eyes narrowing at her son, appearing to be only wearing a shirt.

Jimin shared very few features with his mom...and with his dad in all honesty he looked like neither of them and it was odd. His dad had actually demanded for a paternity test and it came back that Jimin was his so there was no explaining it.

Jimin hasn't talked to his dad in a while. He stopped calling for years now so the boy reasoned that maybe he just didn't want to. Maybe he had fallen off the face of the Earth. Maybe he had run off with a new family and wanted nothing to do with the old one.

Fine, whatever, he didn't care.

"It's fine, Mrs. Kim, I don't mind." Eden waved at her with a gleeful smile. She really didn't. Jimin could wear whatever he wanted and Eden probably wouldn't care.