viii

-', (chapter eight) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

EDEN'S SCHEDULE WAS ALWAYS THE SAME MOST DAYS. Wake up at 6, get ready, head to campus with Jungkook, either on bike or in his car and then go to work after school. Some days she didn't have work and those were the days she'd spend at the skatepark with her friends.

But any other day, she was in here, sitting behind the front counter of the quaint little bookstore tucked between a cafe and a bakery. It always smelled good in there, like fresh pastries and coffee, warm and comforting to those who decided to pay a visit.

The bakery and cafe actually helped with the business of the bookstore. You have a coffee? Why not get a muffin? Well, you have a coffee and a muffin, why not grab a book to complete the whole aesthetic?

There were always maybe 2 or 3 people in the store, not including Eden herself but certainly including Jungkook who had tasked himself with being her in-store companion while at work to keep her entertained. Mostly because he didn't have a job himself. Unemployment was a bitch.

"I got you your coffee," Jungkook told her, sitting the cup down on the wooden counter in front of her with an iced coffee of his own, already drunken down to half of the cup.

Today he was wearing a crop top. Not a particularly short one, but you could see his stomach when he raised his arms. Jungkook, for a self-proclaimed "non-athlete" despite skateboarding and martial arts training, was still athletic. He still worked out, he still had strong muscles that came in heavy when trying to lift heavy things.

"Thanks. I'll be back though. I've got a whole stack of new books I have to put into our system and then restock." She had three boxes full of books in the back, left to her to deal with during her shift.

Jungkook walked around the counter and followed her into the back room with the boxes to help her. He didn't need to be asked to help, he knew when he was needed.

"What would you do without me here to carry these boxes for you?" He asked, knowing that he was smart enough to eventually figure it out on her own. He bent down and picked up the box off the top, leaning back to balance it in his chest as he walked back out into the front with Eden trailing behind.

Eden told her eyes, subconsciously pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "Oh, I'd simply die, Jungkookie." In all honesty, she probably would die without him. She didn't know how she survived 10 years of her life without him there to make her lonely life significantly better.

Jungkook carried all the boxes for her, one in the front and the two others in a different room, the storage room filled with copies of popular books. His arms flexed against the fabric of his shirt, muscles tensing as he moved between rooms and spaces. His shirt would drag up, exposing the grooves and valley of his abs and the v-line that trailed over his lips and past the waist of his pants.