xvi

-', (chapter sixteen) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

STATUE JIMIN WAS COMING ALONG NICELY. His neck and collarbones were done, defined, and accurate to the person it was modeled after. They had begun working in its head, a Goliath of a task on its own, not to mention carving out eyes, nose lips, hair, etc.

But Jimin and Yoongi were beginning to become more comfortable in each other's presence. They were laughing more, joking more in each other's presence and Jimin felt this almost airy feeling.

Today was their 4th day of working together and a routine was set in place. Yoongi would come over with the carving supplies, they'd probably eat a snack, and then it was time to work. It was hard trying to keep the statue from drying out, but with a spray bottle and some plastic wrap, it seemed to be working out well.

With 4 days under his belt and conversation being able to flow a little easier, Jimin wanted to try to ask Yoongi if he wanted to go roller skating next weekend with him, Taehyung, and Eden, and maybe Jungkook and his date.

He could play it off as a group thing. Say that they were all just gonna hang out and it would be no big deal. But he wanted to ask Yoongi out on a date where they hold hands and sneak away to the bathroom for a make-out session.

Jimin chewed softly on his bottom lip, watching as Yoongi worked on forming the head of the statue. He knew he should probably help, but there was so much going on in his mind that it was near impossible to focus.

"You gonna get your hands in here or will I have to take all the credit for this project?" Yoongi asked, glancing over at the anxious-looking Jimin who has yet to get his pretty hands dirty with water and wet clay. He asked it as a joke, but Jimin perked up and apologized before reaching in to help.

Yoongi still didn't know how to really approach this fuzzy feeling when Jimin got near. He figured that he'd just brush it off. It wasn't that big of a deal. A simple crush was all it was. That happens all the time and eventually, they wear away. And Jimin will just be Jimin.

"You okay?" He asked the younger with a gaze of curiosity. The tense awkwardness between the two of them had eased a bit though it hadn't completely vanished. Jimin's had a crush on Yoongi since the beginning of the year. He wanted to know what it felt like to run his fingers through his hair. And Yoongi wanted to know if Jimin's lips were as soft as they looked.

But they worked together without ever knowing those things they desired to know.

He cleared his throat, the muscles tensing a bit with the strum of his vocal cords. "I'm fine. My mind is just full, you know." 'I'm trying to work up the courage to ask you on a date but the way you look at me makes it very hard to do so, please Lord.'

Yoongi nodded slowly, his fingers pressing down and molding the clay into the form that they needed it to be. They had gotten the crown of his head, soon they'd have to work his jaw. "Yeah." He didn't want to say the cheesy "oh, you can talk to me if you need to" bullshit, they barely even know each other at all. That would be weird.

He examines Jimin's face though his dark hair covers his eyes. His lips purse softly and he draws in a soft breath. Might as well get it over with.

"Hey, Yoongi?"

The green-haired man hummed almost melodically. He turned and his eyes connect to Yoongi's, locking in for a moment. Their eyes contrast greatly. Jimin has soft eyes, droopy and gentle, and always sparkling with something beautiful.

Yoongi's eyes were sharp, hard, solid, and resolute. They were sexy, brooding and Jimin's were sweet like candy. Perfect contrast.

Jimin stopped molding the clay and instead laced his fingers together on his lap. He had his legs tucked under him, Yoongi couldn't understand why, didn't his legs fall asleep. Pins and needles were a bitch.

"Tae-... Taehyung and I are going roller skating next weekend and I wanted to know if you were free to go with us. We'll be having other people there too...like a triple date..." The way he said it in that sappy sweet voice of his, soft and quiet with anxiety. He trailed off towards the end, his voice becoming barely anything.

Yoongi's heart nearly burst out of his ribcage when Jimin asked him. A date? He said date. But then again it was a group thing. But a fucking date. God, he was a mess, trying to remain as composed as he always is while his mind was on fire.

Yoongi's never experienced gay panic before, but if he had to guess, this would have to be it. His cheeks were beginning to heat and a red blush spread across his cheeks, it goes unnoticed by Jimin though. "Like a date?" He asked.

Jimin shook his head. "No! Well- yes, but like a friendly date. It's more of like a group thing but we're bringing our own friends as dates and stuff. So yeah-" and his mad scramble to save himself ended there and they remained in silence for a moment.

By the seconds that pass, their clay grows a tad bit drier, less malleable but they don't care.

Jimin's sure he fucked it up, that Yoongi would reject his invitation with the excuse that he was busy and a 'maybe next time though' knowing full well that there wouldn't be a next time.

"Sure, I'll go." Yoongi shrugged, getting back to work. He played it off like his heart wasn't pounding and his stomach wasn't in knots. It would be nice to get out and have fun instead of staying in his dorm room, studying until he fell asleep hunched over his desk.

Jimin gasped, just a little, it made Yoongi smile to himself. "Really? That's great, I'll tell Tae." He clapped his hands as a mini way to release some of that excited energy and a grin spread across his lips.

He was truly happy, excited about this date. He had a fanciful idea of how this would go, but Jimin's always been one to play up moments, fantasize of what could be.

That's why he was left disappointed a lot. Jimin had expectations. He had hopes and dreams. But he wouldn't give them up no matter how disappointed he was left because that's just who he was.

Yoongi had hoped too. That maybe he'd hold Jimin's hand while they skate, hoping that he'll keep Yoongi upright because roller skating wasn't his strong suit.

But in the end, Yoongi wasn't sure if he could do that. After all, he wasn't gay. One crush doesn't negate the multitude of girls he's fixated on over the years. How does one really know if they're gay or bi or pan or whatever if they've never really experienced romantic feelings for someone?

Maybe it was more of a "well I wouldn't mind dating/sleeping with someone of the same sex'. Yoongi wasn't exactly sure. He's never done this before. What does one do when they have a crush on the same sex person for the first time?

Do you ignore it? Write it off? Explore it further?

Was it bad that Yoongi wanted to explore it? Explore him? Maybe he was just learning more things about himself. A sexual awaking of sorts...a gay one. Or maybe he was quite simply confused.

But Yoongi wanted to be un-confused. And Jimin was the way to do that.

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

We love gay awakening stories in this house. I wanted to show Yoongi's mindelset and thoughts a little more in this chapter. Some of these are questions that I had when I was questioning myself so I felt like I could relate and maybe some other people can.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\