xxxi

-', (chapter thirty one) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

WHEN THEY GOT BACK TO SANTA BARBARA, Jungkook suggested that they have their first sleepover since their break.

"Mom and Eomma have been worried that we won't make up." He told her as they make their way down the familiar streets they've grown up wandering. "I think they miss you." They missed their daughter. They missed seeing her hand Jungkook kicking off their shoes beside the door, watching them rush up to Jungkook room, giggling between them.

A lazy smile made its way on Eden's lips at the thought. She missed them too, her moms. She missed their warm smiles. It's only been a few days, but she's seen them for years.

"Yeah, okay. I'll spend the night. I just gotta get clothes from my house." She glanced over at Jungkook who was driving with a single hand on the wheel. Somehow, he still had his nail polish in one solid color instead of chipped.

He chewed softly at his own lips, something she had become obsessed with watching with the reminder of their kiss on her mind. Jungkook had been thinking about it too, nearly every second of the day he thought about it. It was impossible not to.

Jungkook took her home so she could get some clothes and off they went to his house.

"Mom, Eomma! Eden's back!" Jungkook called out to them. He took Eden and waddled forwards with her, a grin across his lips. He heard a gasp from the kitchen and out rushed Iseul, happy to see Eden again.

"Hello, dear. It's great to see you again." Her smile was sweet and warm and motherly. Iseul took the tall girl into a hug which she returned happily. "It's good to see you too, mom." She whispered softly.

Soon, Jia came down from upstairs and hugged her as well. "It's good to see that you two have made up." She hugged Eden tight. She was taller than Eden, just slightly shorter than Jungkook.

"I have cookies in the oven. I'll call you two down when they're done." Iseul told them. They could tell by the warm, smell of chocolate that filled the cozy home.

Jungkook took Eden's hand. "Okay, thanks Eomma." He spoke quickly and soon they were jogging upstairs to Jungkook's room, desiring to be alone. His room was always in dim lighting. He never had the lights in, maybe just a lamp on occasionally.

Eden put her bag down next to the door and climbed onto his bed almost as second instinct. Jungkook grabbed the remote for his TV and came over to sit with her.

"If you ever questioned how much I love you. I stopped watching fucking SpongeBob because I was so distraught. SpongeBob!" The boy exclaimed dramatically. They both loved SpongeBob when they were younger, even to this day they watch it annually like some sort of satanic ritual.

Eden cooed softly and caressed Jungkook's cheek. "Yeah, that's true love, Jungkookie. Run it." She pats his cheek and sat close beside him. Even from upstairs, they could smell the cookies baking in the oven while they watched their SpongeBob episodes. They were on the Hash-Slinging Slasher one. Eden's favorite.