xviii

-', (chapter eighteen) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

THE 5 OF THEM STAYED OUT UNTIL LATE, losing track of time in the hours they spent having fun together. They switch off on partners, Eden would skate with Jungkook and then Taehyung and then Jimin would skate with Taehyung, occasionally Jungkook too. Round and round, they switched partners so that they wouldn't be alone.

One rotation ended up with Jungkook and Taehyung. They didn't exactly skate together, not really, they just happened to be on the floor at the same time as each other while Eden, Jimin, and Yoongi sat at the table with the pizza they ordered.

Jungkook was on his phone for the most part. He didn't really need to know where he was going if the rink was just a giant circle, he could just follow the curve of the wood to know where he was going.

He was texting his mom, Jia, actually, Iseul told her about what was going on with him and she wanted to make sure he was doing alright.

Momma 🤗❤️:
Are you going to talk to Eden about it?

She also insisted on texting in proper grammar.

Jungkook scoffed. Of course, he didn't plan on telling Eden, that would completely destroy the relationship they have. She'd be awkward around him, knowing that he liked her, which would mean that all the times he's kissed her hand or hugged her or whatever were because he liked her, not because they were friends.

Me:
No its just weird hormones and stuff ill get over it

He really hoped that it was true, that he just gets over it and the feeling he gets when he sees her smile will go away. Though, his mom couldn't help but disagree.

Momma 🤗❤️:
Maybe so, but maybe not, Kookie. You'll be miserable if you don't do something. Trust me, I know.

Jia and Iseul were friends before they were lovers, eventually significant others. They had been friends for a few months, nearly a year before they got together. They continued to play as friends, to hide the fact they were in a relationship. Being gay was still taboo in Korea.

Jungkook sighed and put his phone away, ready to head back to the table and round everyone up to drop them off. This was the last loop around.

"You've been giving me the evil eye all week."

Jungkook jumped a bit when Taehyung came up beside him, slowing down to the younger's pace so he could talk to him. He's been on the receiving end of Jungkook's firm gaze all night and he needs to make it clear that he had no bad intentions.

The blonde settled down and huffed. "No, I haven't. Why would I?" He was playing dumb, they both knew he was glaring Taehyung down like he killed his dog. It was nothing against him really, it was jealousy that was making him act this way.