xi

-', (chapter eleven) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"

CAN I SPEND THE NIGHT AT YOUR HOUSE TONIGHT?" Eden asks from the passenger side of Jungkook's 2015 Camaro with her feet up on the dash despite Jungkook's glaring eyes. He loved his car, though it wasn't brand new, his moms bought it used last year for his birthday.

Jungkook's never refused Eden a chance to come sleep over. He loved it when she came to sleep over, it was always a joy to have her over. They would stay up late watching bad movies and funny Tik Toks. They'd create pillow forts and let only their childish selves run free.

Jungkook has the window rolled down, the wind blowing through his crisp, golden blonde hair released from his ponytail. He glanced over at Eden for a moment. "Yeah, of course. We can go to the beach. I've been meaning to take more pictures." He actually has an assignment due for his photography class, to go around the city and take pictures and recordings of how you view it. Everyone's perspective of the world is different and that's what his teacher wanted them to capture.

"Sounds like a plan."

Jungkook takes Eden back home so she can grab some clothes and then off they go back to Jungkook's house just a few minutes away. Eden keeps her feet on the dash and a hand out of the window, feeling the warm air run through her fingers.

Santa Barbara was a beautiful city, full of palm trees and buildings inspired by Latin culture. The city smelled like the beach, salty and humid. The beach was the most beautiful of course. Boardwalks, fairs sitting beside the water, illuminating the night with their brilliant colors.

You could see the stars clearly at night. Not like Los Angeles where the pollution and the city lights blocked out any chance of seeing the sky. Sometimes Eden and Jungkook would sneak out at the dead of night, holding each other's hands as they run through the water together and take pictures.

Eden always had the best times with Jungkook, even if it's something simple like laying in bed together, listening to music.

Then they get to Jungkook's house, only Iseul's there, watching TV alone in the living room. Jia's still on campus, teaching her lectures, but she'd be home in the next 2 hours or so.

Jungkook kisses his mother on the head and Eden only manages a quick hello before Jungkook's dragging her off again, back upstairs into his room which he had taken the effort to clean just for her.

"Wow, I'm surprised you actually decided to pick up after yourself." Eden muses, looking at his rarely seen floor. He had swept and mopped and everything. She was proud. Hopefully, she was starting to rub off on him after all these years.

Jungkook goes and grabs his camera from its spot on his dresser, putting the strap around his neck so he wouldn't actually drop it. Along with that, he also grabbed his skateboard. "You ready to go?" He asked her. He'd been dying to take more pictures for a while now and the longer he had to wait, the more irritable he'd get.