xiv

-', (chapter fourteen) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"WHERE IS JIMIN AT?" Eden asked when Taehyung came through the gates of the skatepark without Jimin at his side. She was sitting against the gate, looking up at Taehyung as he came through and took off his jacket.

"Probably getting railed by now. I don't want to think about it." Taehyung shivered at the mere thought. Disgusting. He looked down at Eden and offered his jacket. "You mind holding this for me, Den?" His lips pull into a smile as he held it out.

Eden couldn't believe he was leaving his jacket to her. Those butterflies in her stomach were beating, flapping, trying to escape through her throat. But there were two fewer butterflies in her stomach fluttering her wings for Taehyung.

She looked over to Jungkook who stood at the top of the bowl with his skateboard, looking at the two of them while another guy finished up his run. He had brought his camera, now sitting beside Eden so she could take picture of him doing his tricks later on tonight.

He smiled and waved before dropping down into the bowl, almost vanishing within thin air if she hadn't been able to hear the wheels of his skateboard. He came upon one side of it. His hand came to the edge of the bowl and his feet and skateboard were in the air and before she knew it, he was back down the bowl.

Eden looked back to Taehyung. "Yeah, I'll hold your jacket." She took it from him and put it down on her lap. All she really wanted to do was put it on and bury herself in the old, worn fabric that smells just like him.

Taehyung looked to all the people there and sighed. "I probably won't get my turn for a while. I'ma just stay here with you." He came and dropped down beside her with a soft grunt. His bare arm touched hers, pressed together like he wanted her to hyperventilate.

Eden stiffed a bit, kept her eyes following Jungkook to distract from the fact that Taehyung was basically breathing down her neck. She noticed that his ponytail was gonna slip. The number of times he lost scrunchies on his runs was immeasurable.

"So how are you and Jungkook?" He asks from beside her, watching the way she nervously tugged on the purple bracelet that just so happened to match the one on Jungkook's wrist. Sure, best friends have friendship bracelets, but that's one step away from a promise ring, a promise ring to an engagement ring, and an engagement ring to a wedding ring.

Eden thought it was an odd question. Why her and Jungkook? Did he think they were dating? That was the last thing she wanted him to think about. The last thing she wanted was Jungkook's lips to ever touch hers again.

She decided to answer the question generically. Give Taehyung no reason to think they were together. "We're fine. Still friends, y'know." Her hands gripping his jacket on her lap. Eden could smell him from here, like rustic Old Spice and masculine cologne. She wanted to lie her head on his shoulder, cuddle with him even in the warmth of the sun.