xxvi

-', (chapter twenty six) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

WHY IS LIFE SO HARD? So unfair? Why could nothing go right for her? Eden sat on her bed with her legs drawn up to her chest, hugging herself. She sat alone in her room all night, not a wink of sleep found her that night. All she can think about is the kiss. The way Jungkook's lips moved against hers. His tongue brushing over her lips, his teeth biting softly on her flesh.

She can't stop thinking about it. It was great, her heart couldn't slow down and the butterflies in her stomach never ceased or fluttered away.

But it could be argued that she took it better than Jungkook, who had sat there crying next to the door until he fell asleep with tears streaming and staining his face.

Jia was the one to find him first as she got up early to go to campus for a meeting. He was propped up against the door, nose and cheeks flushed with red and tears that still happened to be wet on his cheeks.

"Kookie!" She rushed over to him, her voice startling him awake. His eyes open, bison blurry, but he sees his mother rushing over to him and he reaches out for her.

"Jungkook, what happened?" Jia asked him, taking his hands to pull him up to his feet. He was far too big to carry him now though he wishes she could. He wished he was small again, so she could pick him up and kiss his cheeks and tell him it was going to be alright.

He stands to his feet and leans against the door with his hands wiping away the stray tears on his face. His eyes were red and puffy from all the crying and his voice was dry and cracked.

"I kissed Eden."

Jia stopped for a moment, once excited before she realized that to him, that wasn't a good thing. Maybe she rejected him. She didn't feel the same.

"She kissed me back, Mom. But it wasn't right." His voice cracked and he sniffled as more tears came to his eyes. "I ruined everything and I don't know what to do to fix it." He was distraught. He blamed only himself for what they both participated in. If only he could realize that.

Jia hugged him, allowing him to place his head on her shoulder while cooing softly. "It's okay, bun. You just need to talk to her about it. I'm sure you'll both come to an agreement."

But he was far too scared to even consider talking to her. In-person, over text.

He shook his head. "No, not yet...I'm staying home today." Jungkook wiggled his way past her and made his way through the house and up to his room to be alone.

Jungkook wanted to know what her lips tasted like and now he does. Now it's permanently stained on his tongue forever and no matter how much he brushes his teeth and scraps his tongue, he can't forget it.

He likes it. He wants to taste more. He wants to kiss her again and again and he shouldn't, he knows he shouldn't, but he does.

Eden doesn't go to her classes that day either. Instead, she lies in her bed under her comforter, protecting her from the cold of her house. It's completely silent outside of her room, her father still sleeping in his recliner downstairs. She had heard him arrive home but didn't say anything or do anything.