xxi

-', (chapter twenty one) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

CHOCOLATE, WARM BLANKETS, AND BAD movies were Eden's best friends for the next couple of days. Yeah, yeah, Jungkook too but he'd always been an emotional crutch for her. He was a building block for her in understanding motions. But now he was sliding to the side, out of his spot, taking a new position and it was making her unstable.

Eden drowned herself in books of sweet romances. The warm pages of a boom that were just words, words that created images of pretty, rose-covered relationships. The turmoils and struggles between the two protagonists would ultimately end with them together, happy.

It all just felt hopeless to her.

Jungkook had been there though, sitting with her between the narrow aisles of towering bookshelves at her job, as the golden light casts over the old, worn books. He takes pictures of them of the books in Eden's hands and on the stack beside her.

He asked Eden before he took any pictures of her, knowing this was a sensitive time for her and maybe she didn't want that out into his project. But she murmured a soft, "go ahead" and continued reading.

Jungkook kept his pictures to a minimum and spent the rest of the time with his head on her shoulder, tracing the tendons in her slender hands.

He was mad at first, ready to dropkick Taehyung into the bowl at the abandoned skatepark on sight, but Eden told him to stop. "It's not worth it." She told him. Taehyung had really tried to be nice about it and he couldn't help the way he felt. Yes, it hurt, and no, she didn't want to talk to him any further about it, but she didn't need Jungkook there assaulting him at every turn.

"You know I love you, right?" Jungkook told her. He was sitting across from her, his back against old, dusty books and his feet against hers. His wide, honey eyes stared intently into hers behind the lenses of her glasses.

"I'd do anything for you. And if that means I have to bash someone's face in, well then hand me the baseball bat." He smiled, playing with the idea. His lips were pulled in a lazy grin, the charming, little mole shifting with the tilt of his lips.

His words were alarming but his heart was definitely in the right place. Jungkook had a heart of gold, really. He was a sweetheart. Dedicated. He just wanted her to be happy, that's it. If she could be happy with him, that would be great, but as long as she was happy, he was okay.

Eden spent her days ignoring Taehyung on campus. Whatever class they shared, she sat as far away from him as she possibly could and ignored any attempt to get her attention. She wasn't ready to talk to him yet in fear she may cry or hit him on the very spot.

'Fuck you, Taehyung. I actually fucking liked you and you were my only chance to ignore my feelings for Jungkook.'

While Eden makes her way through campus to get to the cafe for an energy boost, she heard the sweet sound of Jimin's voice calling her name from behind as he ran up to her.