xxxii

-', (chapter thirty two) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"I THINK JUNGKOOK AND I MIGHT BE TOGETHER?" Eden leans up against the wooden counter at the bookstore, her brows furrowing with distress as she looked to Jimin who had come over for his break.

She just had to talk to someone about this and who better than Jimin? Her other best friend. She hadn't previously told Jimin that she and Jungkook had kissed in the skatepark. But now they had kissed four times. Jungkook kissed her again that next morning before he dropped her off at her house. Like it was now normal between them to just kiss.

Jimin smiled cheekily, propping an arm up on the counter. "Finally, my ship is sailing!" He squealed excitedly. He was happy for Eden, that she was finally getting somewhere relationship-wise. He couldn't say the same for himself. He tried to go on a date after Yoongi.

Jimin missed Yoongi. But it wasn't like there was anything to miss. They were never together really.

"Well," Eden hesitated. "I'm not sure if we're dating. But we've kissed...like 5 times." She told him, crouching down behind the counter to hide herself from the world and Jimin's undoubtedly explosive reaction.

"Bitch! You didn't tell me! 5 fucking times!" Jimin nearly leaped over the counter. His eyes nearly popped out of his head. "I should kill you! When did this happen?!" He was basically folded over the counter, dramatically grabbing her to bring her back up so she could tell him about it.

Eden ran her hands over her face stressfully. She thought back to all the times she kissed Jungkook. "There was once in the 8th grade. That was my first kiss. It didn't mean anything at the time really." She shrugged carelessly.

"Then there was a few weeks ago, just a few days after Taehyung rejected me. We kissed in the skatepark." She reminisced on the dark night. They always kissed at night until this morning. Always under some sort of lighting.

Jimin listened carefully as Eden described each time they kissed. How she didn't mean for any of them, except the first one, and how she didn't know if that meant if they were dating or not. Jungkook seemed particularly fine with kissing her but she couldn't be the only one with questions.

She was distressed. She didn't know how to approach this. Of course, Eden liked Jungkook, he was sweet, he was mischievous, he was goofy, her best friend. But Jungkook was also confusing. He didn't talk all too much about his true feelings, just because he was shy about it. But when his lips brush against hers and his eyes flutter closed, Eden knows he likes her, but they haven't talked about it at all.

"Maybe you should initiate the conversation," Jimin suggested. "You both obviously like each other. You two are only a conversation away from being official." They were so close yet so far away. All they needed to do was talk and they could be happy. All of this drama was unnecessary

Eden nodded. "Yeah, I know. I'll talk to him about it soon." She decided to put the topic away, store it on a shelf so she could focus on Jimin. She took a sip of the coffee he had brought her. "Anyways, how are you doing. How'd that date go? What was their name?"

"Oliver," Jimin answered. That date he tried to go on was with another person who went to the same college as them. They were non-binary, presenting feminine. Jimin actually found them on a dating app he joined out of boredom.

They were nice, cool and all, but they weren't Jimin's type, they were too similar. Though, Oliver would make a great friend. He wanted to date someone with different interests and styles as him so he could discover things and find out more about himself and things he liked.

Also, he fucking loved the dark and mysterious, but not creepy. A date he went on before Oliver was a guy who honestly gave Jimin school shooter vibes and he got out of there as fast as possible.