xxv

-', (chapter twenty five) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

"I HATE YOU."

Jungkook managed to convince her to come to the skatepark with him on their way back to his house. It was nearly 11 and she was too tired to fight it so she gave in.

They snuck through the old, rusty gate that squeaked loudly when you opened it. Graffiti decorates the sides of the bowl like they always do, but they're harder to see in the darkness.

There are only a few street lights on in the park. The others are broken. So they find a spot under one of the lights and Jungkook sets his skateboard down. He put his feet in front and behind the wheels so that it wouldn't roll away while she got on.

Eden was nervous, she took Jungkook's hands and carefully stepped onto the grip tape of the skateboard, and let out a shaky breath. "Jungkook, I swear to God if you let me fall."

"When have I ever let you fall?" Jungkook asked her. Eden looked at him and their eyes lock. He stares at her through the lenses of her glasses, sharp and intense. Then they soften. "When have I ever let you fall without falling with you?"

Never. He's never let her fall without going down with her.

Eden sighed and gained stability on the plank of wood, holding on to Jungkook's hands as he slowly took his feet from the wheels. He slowly began to walk with her and the wheels of the skateboard began rolling along with him.

Jungkook smiled though she wasn't really doing anything except standing there. "See, it isn't that bad." He spoke, looking back up at her. She smiled anxiously, a shaky breath leaving her as she gripped onto Jungkook so tight that he thought she would break his hands.

Jungkook walks and she rolls right beside him, going a little faster now. He loosened his hold on her but still hovered, ready to catch her if she happened to fall. He eventually let her go and immediately, Eden began. To wobble and lose balance.

The skateboard slips and she falls and a startled scream leaves her. Jungkook reacts quickly, he reaches out and grabs her and they fall together. His first instinct is to protect her head, just in case, she hit it on the concrete.

But she didn't. They both fell on the ground and the skateboard rolled away. Jungkook pulled his weight so he wouldn't land on top of her.

There was a moment of silence between as Jungkook got up, his hands in either side of her body, looking down on her from above. They stare at each other for a moment, a long stretch of silence.

And then a grin breaks out on Jungkook's face and he begins to laugh. He can't help it really. It just bursts out of him.

"This isn't funny!" Eden punches his chest, forcing him to sit on his legs as she sits up as well. He's holding his chest, laughing hysterically. "But it is!"