PART 1: Chapter 1: Someone New

How it started

She was running away from her parents that were chasing her around the house with knives. Yes, you heard right, knives. They already hurt her like this since forever, but she doesn't understand why... She was completely confused and frustrated that she wanted to cry, but her body disagreed. She ran to her room and hid in the closet, but not before she opened the windows and threw some red and brown painting along with some clothes. "This should trick them... Please, trick them... Please..." the girl thought. She tried holding her breath to be as quiet as possible.

"Huh

"Huh... She jumped out the window. She's probably dead," her father said.

"You're right," the mother said. "We need to find out who the new Last is and quick. I hate waiting. Maybe we shouldn't've tortured her for obedience."

"Well duh, idiot... Why would they need my obedience? They could've just asked and I maybe would've given it a thought," the young girl thought.

"We need to gather all the 6 Monster People already! I hate waiting too... but first, let's tell The Council that she's dead. They'll search for the next Last for us," her mother said.

"Yeah. Let's go," the father agreed, then she heard them leave the room.

She sat quietly in the closet for a little while longer trying to understand what happened. "Why do they need to gather the 6 Monster People? Wait... they're going to tell The Council about my 'death'?! Ahhh... this is such a drag. I should change my appearance... maybe personality too? Hmm... no. That won't be needed. I'm already conpletely done with my emotions. All that torture's results are finally getting to me, huh? I barely feel anything right now. Feels great. Or not. Hmm..." she thought and got out of the closet.

She went to the store with a hoodie over her head, and got some hair dye."Blue it is," she thought.

She went back home and made herself some bangs then dyed them blue, along with her front hair. "Hey, this actually compliments my purple hair. Cool," she said out loud. Then she went and bought some darker clothes and a lot of hoodies. They were very comfortable. She changed her name too. Well, not officially, people would be pretty freaked out if a dead person would want to change their name. Just how people called her. She then faked some documents like her birth certificate and registered it through someone random. She wasn't Mika anymore. She was Maki. What a big transformation, right? Just changed the letters, she didn't want to think too much.

Present day

People thought that Mika died in Last's form since nobody claimed themselves as it for 8 years. At first they were relieved, but then scared that it might appear under another form even more powerful and it's waiting for the best moment to strike the world and put it in despair. Of course, these were just theories and nothing was proven right so everyone lived a little bit on edge, some more than others, some not really caring.