Chaoter 28: Everybody And No One

Her Return And Her Leaving

Mika went back to The Monster People.

"Hey, hey, hey! Are you alright? You should take a shower, you're dirty," Lucas bombed her with his energy the moment she stepped back in their cave.

"Hey, Lucas... If I were to never come back... Would anyone miss me?" Mika suddenly asked, not taking her eyes off the ground.

"Huh? Of course we would. We missed you already when you went back to those guys. Why you ask?" he asked suspicious of her behaviour.

"Ah, no nothing. Just a random question. I'll go take a shower now," Mika said as she smiled slightly then went to the bathroom.

"Did I even tell them I was coming back? I already forgot... I hate myself. I hate my life. Why do I even exist anymore? What's the point of it? Destruction and that's it? More like autodestruction. Can't I just disappear? Can't I just...die?" Mika thought as she sunk into the bathtub filled with water.

.

"Hey, uh, I heard you're back. You've been in there for a while. Are you okay?" Jack knocked on the bathroom door. No response. "Mika?" he asked again. Nothing. "I'm coming in," he warned and stepped in the bathroom only to see Mika with her face in the water. "Mika!" he rushed to turn her around and put a towel over her, then checked her pulse. Nothing. "No... Guys! Guys come quick!" Jack yelled at everyone.

"Hey- what...?" Kiki was shocked.

"What's with the commotion?" Ney asked and then saw Jack holding Mika who looked void of life.

"Did she...?" Martha didn't want to finish her sentence. Jack nodded and closed his eyes.

         It was a terrible day for both parties.
                Everybody lost. No one won.