Chapter 12: Shit

Gone missing

Mika should've listened to Charlotte that night. She went missing. That letter she wrote to Mika said this: "Mika, I know that this is the last thing you need to hear right now, but I'm pretty sure that these people you said that were your parents had come to my house before. I sort of remember the little you as well. Somewhat. By the way, I heard something outside while you were gone today. I think they're here."

This was a shocker to Mika. She didn't really remember that she went to anyone's house other than Jack's, but it wasn't impossible. Mika felt interesting, a feeling unknown to be put into words, at least to her. It was the strange feeling of somehow comfort that they met before, but fear of what happened when they met and why both their parents were meeting that day, along with the feeling of confusion, yet happy that she didn't understand.

"This is wierd. How much wierder is this gonna get?" she thought as she went to The Unmasked's hideout.

Her moods were changing as she was getting closer to them and she knew that she didn't take more antidepressants than needed this time. Maybe she was going crazy?

Well shit

Charlotte was indeed caught by them as she was tied up to a chair next to the Monster People they've caught. At that moment, Mika had only two options: 1. give up the plan and save Charlotte and try to oppose them even if it kills her or 2. let Charlotte here and keep up with the plan.
She thought the 2nd option was the best. She didn't know if they were going to kill her or not, but she just hoped not.

Mika went in the room as an Unmasked. Charlotte looked up at her and widened her eyes as much as she could.

"Mi...ka...? No way... What the hell are you doing here?" Charlotte asked.

"I'm part of the Unmasked," Mika responded cold heartedly

"Ouch... Take her easy would you? She got a bit tortured," Lucas said as he narrowed his eyes.

"So?" Mika said while Charlotte was trying her best not to break down.

"Hold on... This is what you were doing this entire time?! Mika please tell me yo-" Charlotte got cut off by Mika covering her mouth and getting very close to her uncovered face.

"You sure are talkative for someone who got tortured. Are you not tired or anything? Hey, Charlotte... This whole thing I got you involved in... It will finally become true. I'll be free. And the rest of the world will get the punishment it deserves. Yes, everyone. Technically, if we listen to religion and God or whatever, the people who believe, we're born through the sin of lust, are we not? They just deny it because we reproduce that way. What's up with that, huh? They ignore mental illnesses and blame it on devils or something when if you try to exorcise that person nothing will happen, but they deny it because they never tried it or pretend they never did. There's no god, there's no divinity, there's nothing but the crucial end we all reach. We can't escape it. It's how all living things go. We should try to accept that other than believe wierd immortal beings that some other mentally ill people created just to feel better or to punish themselves for who they are like masochists. We'll teach everyone what death really is. We'll bring The End to put an end to this whole humanity that only knows how to make excuses for everything they do," Mika finished her monologue by hitting the wall next to her, then leave.

"That sure was something..." Martha murmured.

"Don't talk like that, people are saved by a divinity. Who are you to say it's not true?!" Charlotte yelled.

"Tch. Whatever you say," Mika closed the door behind her.

Oh

Mike and Kate noticed the disappearance of their friends so they decided to go see what's up.

"Uhh hello?" Kate knocked on the door before going in.

"Why is it unlocked?" Mike asked no one in particular.

"Who knows... Hello? Mika? Char?" Kate called, but no response was heard. "Dude... Where the hell are they? It's been three days already," Kate asked Mike.

"How should I know? Maybe they went on a vacation?" Mike responded.

"Without saying anything? I don't think so Mike," Kate explained and sighed. She took her phone out and decided to try calling Mika.

Mike went upstairs and heard a ringing noise.

"Uhh... This is Mika's phone. She left it here," Mike yelled to Kate.

"Ugh!" she exclaimed. She then called Charlotte.

"Hello?" someone yhat obviously wasn't Charlotte was heard.

"Hi? Uhm, is Charlotte around?" Kate asked and as soon as Mike heard her talk he went downstairs.

"It's me, Mika," Mika said in a deep voice.

"Oh! Mika! Where the hell are you two? I mean, your phone is at home and you didn't tell us anything about where you were going and stuff and it's been three days, you know?" Kate started blabbering.

"Calm down," Mike told her and she took a deep breath.

"What's up with all this?" Kate asked Mika.

"Sorry to break it to you, but I'm part of The Unmasked and we've captured Charlotte. We sure know how to hold a grudge... Anyways, prepare yourselves. The End will be coming soon. See ya," Mika hung up on them.

"Eh?" Kate asked herself what just happened.

"Well that was wierd. What was that supposed to mean?" Mike asked confused.

"Who knows really... But aren't we all wierd here?" Kate said.

It was quiet for a moment.

"Wait! I JUST REALIZED SHE SAID SHE'S PART OF THE UNMASKED AND THEY CAUGHT CHARLOTTE!" Mike yelled, wide eyed. Kate also widened her eyes and growled.

"Oh come on! This isn't good... What if they made her say that?" Kate tried to deny that fact.

"Kate, I'm pretty sure it's real. Mika doesn't joke. And she's extremely strong so they're not holding her hostage for sure," Mike explained. They both sighed and asked what they should do.

They wanted to go there themselves, but they knew they had no chance of winning if they went alone. They'd only make things worse. So they went to The Council and they only said that they'll take care of it.

.

Mika came to The Council to give out her report on what happened.

"Maki, two kids around your age came here today to say that you were part of The Unmasked. Explain," The Council asked.

"*sigh* So... They captured Charlotte so I had to keep the plan going. Later on they called her so I told them I'm part of them so that they just mind their bussiness. I knew they'd come here since they know very well they can't go against me or The Unmasked," Mika explained.

"Very good, Maki. You're doing a great job. Keep at it. But pay attention to Charlotte and to the Monster People. See if they can find Last's Person or Last itself," The Council said and Mika nodded.

Little did they know that the two rats didn't leave yet and listened to their conversation. Now they knew how to react.