Chaoter 18: What To Do Next

A break

The Monster People decided to take a break from their journey and found a cave in the DN Mountains from The Mice. They just needed to stay there for a day but they do need something to survive.

"I'll go fetch something since I'm the least tired of us all," said Mika in her usual monotone and then left for a search around the area.

Of course, she didn't find anything. The Mountains are named DN and it stands for Dead of Nature as some people say, though the initials don't really have a meaning. At least, not an official one.

"Damn. Now what...?" Mika thought as she felt a presence near.

Lucky lucky this woman was, wasn't she? A person was passing by with a bag full of pills and injections.

"Oh? Why thank you lady for passing this area. Though I am lucky, you sure aren't," Mika thought. She went after the girl, killed her and took the bag. She didn't really have to do much other than push her down the mountain since it was at least 2000 meters high so there would be no evidence remaining when she reaches the bottom. That is, if she does reach the bottom.

.

The Monster People were talking about where to go next as Mika was watching the stars. "They look so close all the way here. It's different than when you see them when you're on a low level," she thought.

"Hey Mika! What's up?" Lucas came to her and asked.

"Nothing. Just enjoying the view," she answered as she didn't take her eyes of the sky. Lucas sat down next to her. These two were enjoying the view, Kiki and Jack were giving tips on being more feminine/masculine and how they shouldn't care about others' opinion, Martha and Norman were staying by the fire listening to Kiki and Jack and Ney was reading a book he stole from who knows where. He's very sneaky and sometimes he even made Mika jump a little since she didn't sense him.

.

Charlotte, Mike and Kate also took a break that day and went out in the park, got a drink and talked about other stuff other than training or the Monster People. Everyone was enjoying a little break.
It was calm that day, but a bad calmness. Like the calm before the storm.