Chapter 13: You Too?

Mike and Kate

The two friends were going to school, still thinking about what happened the other day with Mika. They were silent. They didn't know what to do. The decided to go to Mika and skip school since they surely wouldn't be able to concentrate and Mika wouldn't be home until late at night and she'd just immediately go to sleep the moment she reaches home.

"We'll talk this out. We'll just ask what's going on and why. That's all we need to hear," said Kate to herself.

Mike just hummed. He sounded very tired. Kate just acted as if she was panicking.

They reached Mika's house.

"Alright. Let's do this." Kate tried to calm down as Mike knocked on the door. Mika answered and looked at them with a slightly confused look.

"What are you guys doing here? Don't you have school?" Mika said.

The two weren't having any of it and just went inside.

"Alright then..." Mika said as she sighed and closed the door. "What's up with this invasion huh?" Mika asked.

"What's up with you, Mika?" Mike asked seriously.

"What do you mean?" she asked confused.

"We know about the whole thing going on. Your secret mission of infiltrating The Unmasked and pretending to be one of them for everyone's sake. We got that much from when you came to The Council to report. We were there before you came and didn't leave once we saw you there and heard the conversation. We got that you're trying to help and all, but... what does Chartlotte have to do with this? She was kidnapped by The Unmasked, right? Aren't you supposed to protect her?! Aren't you supposed to get her out?! Answer us, Mika!" Mike snapped. Mika widened her eyes for a second, then went back to their normal size. Mika sighed.

"Calm down, Mike. Listen to me. The only way I can keep the mission going is if I don't do anything at the moment-" Mika was cut off after that by Kate letting out a loud yelp.

"Even... even i-if it means t-that she gets k-k-killed?" Kate asked in terror.

"No. Let me finish. Even if I'm not going to do anything, it doesn't mean that if she's about to die I'm going to let her die. Understood?" Mika explained in a monotone, which got Mike to click his tongue and walk around in circles, with his hand running through his hair, while Kate was on the couch, shaking.

The thing was that Mika was contemplating on what to do. "They know now. I have to do it," she thought.

She went behind Kate and knocked her out while Mike was still pacing around. Then he noticed, but it was too late. He was out cold as well.

They were brought to The Unmasked, of course, and put in the same room as Charlotte. When Charlotte saw Mika carrying them in she started tearing up.

"No... Why...?" she whispered as she looked away.

They were tied up and woke up right after since they felt the pain from the metal around their wrists and ankles.

"Charlotte...? Don't tell me we're..." Mike started and Charlotte was silently crying and nodding. Mike widened his eyes and so did Kate. Kate started shaking.

"This was a very... very very bad idea. We... we shouldn't have told her we knew. We could've..." Kate started rambling on and on while Mike was looking at Mika in shock.

"I get it... but how could you?" he asked looking straight in Mika's eyes. She shrugged and turned away.

.

"What the hell brought you guys here?" Charlotte asked as she calmed down after a while.

"Well, we accidentally found out Mika's reason behind this whole thing and we confronted her about it. Last thing we knew, we were k.o.," Mike explained.

"Wow... You don't seem worried," Charlotte said in surprise.

"I'm not. Not too much. I'm still a bit confused and maybe worried, yeah, but that's not gonna get anyone anywhere," Mike said as he looked at the wall.

"Indeed..." Kate agreed as she calmed down.

"You good now, Kate?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," she answered.

"What do you think that will happen to us?" asked Kate and Mike and Charlotte shrugged. Right then, an unmasked person walked in and said simply: "Experiments," and laughed maniacally. That's when the trio got kinda creeped out and then scared.

The next ones

Meanwhile, things with Mika were doing pretty well from The Unmasked's side, I suppose. They searched for the rest of The Monster People with the help of Mika's ability to sense them. They were guarded, but not heavily. They were all asleep, the guards and the People, so all they did was dose them, just to make sure, and take them. Two more down. "This is way too fast. It feels as if they're so weak, yet we're supposed to be so guarded. Ugh," Mika thought as she rolled her eyes.

That dark place where everyone met, was deserted. They no longer needed it, did they?

.

"Why are you doing this?" Last asked Mika. Mika though, she didn't respond.

"Is this what you want?" Last asked and again, no response.

That's when Mika actually realized something... She didn't really want this, did she? Maybe she just wanted revenge for what has been done to her, for Jack, maybe she just wanted to be seen and acknowledged and maybe finally feel something...

                                She felt pain.