Chapter 11: Just A Day

The pill

Mika's head was spinning for 2 hours now and she couldn't sleep. She grew tired of it. She decided to take a pill, but what she didn't realize was what pill she was taking. They weren't for headaches or any other pain, no no no, they were antidepressants. Strong antidepressants.

She looked at the prescription and saw that it may cause depression (what an irony) and maybe mood swings- She stopped her train of thought as she suddenly felt on cloud 9 then in a matter of seconds felt like throwing herself off a cliff. "Well... Isn't this just great?" she thought.

This cycle went on for another hour, happening all very quickly, barely two minutes of a neutral state between the swings. So, in the end, she still couldn't sleep. She sat on her bed in a star position, facing the ceiling and hoping for it to go away already.

Got two of them

Even though she was tired, she still had to go to The Unmasked since today they were going after the two Monster People that were let to roam free through their city or village.

"Hello there, Mika. Guess what?" her mother said.

"What?" Mika said in a monotone, yet the sleepiness was heard in her voice.

"You see... We might still need your help a bit, but most of the quest is done. We found all the Monster People," she stated and Mika nodded.
"Can't you be more excited or sum'?" she said giving her an annoyed look and Mika just blinked. Hard.

"Ugh... Let's go. The rest of the team is waiting outside," she said and they left.

They caught the two pretty easily.
"Umm... Guys?" said one of the Monster People in that room where they met before.

"Oh! Luke!" said Kiki.

"It's Lucas. And I think this Mika girl just captured us? What's up with that?" he stated.

"Oh oh," said Ney.

"Wait, where's Martha?" Kiki asked as she looked around.

"Well, she's probably unconscious. She also got captured," Lucas said.

"Oh oh indeed," said Norman angrily.

"Well, shit. What now?" asked Ney.

"Good fucking question. I'll kill her!" Norman said as he punched his palm.

"Calm down, would you? This isn't something we can face directly. They're after us, remember?" said Ney.

"Right..." Kiki said sadly.

"Why did she capture y'all though? Like, didn't she warn us about them not so long ago? Did she...?" Kiki asked.

"Yeah, uh, about that... Nevermind. Every little moment spells regret, even though there weren't many moments we had together. She's with them. She helped them and she didn't have a mask," Lucas said.

"Damn that bitch!" Norman yelled.

"She's just 16, right? Maybe she's in a bad mental state? Or maybe she's trying to figure out who she is..." Kiki said.

"Alright, let's say that's true, but that doesn't mean we should let her end the world, does it?" Ney said calmly.

"No..." Kiki pouted.

Norman paced around as the light that was onto him was following him.
"So what do we do now?" he asked.

"To be honest, I don't know. Since it's Last and The Unmasked we're against and they're taking us one by one we can't put any other guards since it won't make any difference, changing places doesn't sound pleasant and they'll still keep track of us because of Mika and sending an attack to them won't be easy. Since they're underground they must have a lot of machinery to make tunnels and routes to go through in case of an emergency, if not they already have them built," Ney started explaining.

"You use the word since a bit too much," Lucas pointed out.

"Since it's- I mean, if it's necessary," Ney mumbled.

"Hahaha," Lucas laughed a bit.

"This isn't the time to laugh, Lucas! You've been captured, haven't you? Aren't you a bit worried?!" Norman yelled.

"Chill dude, they won't kill me since they need the rest of you to bring The End here," Lucas stated calmly.

"He's right," Kiki said.

"But still..." Norman started, but didn't bother finishing.

"So, in other words, there's nothing we can do but wait for them to capture all of us and bring The End alive?" Kiki asked.

"We could still move places every day and hope that Mika will change her way. But other than that, there's nothing," Ney said.

It was quiet for a while. They tried taking in the betrayal of Mika. Even though they didn't really know her they still had a connection since they were all Monster People, left aside from the rest of the world and treated, like their name says, monsters.

"Damn..." Norman said and left. After him, the rest left as well.

Report and go rest

Mika went, at the end of the day, to The Council and did a fake report on what happened.
"They didn't capture anyone yet, though they're pretty close to getting the locations and how to capture th-" she got cut off by one of The Council members.

"Then why did we get news that two of the Monster People are captured?" the person said.

"Let me finish. The others. They indeed captured two of them. I'm sorry I was also speaking and thinking slower since I barely got any sleep last night," she said grumpily. Someone raised an eyebrow. "Long story." She tried to brush it off. "They still need to capture four more and Lasts's person or just Last itself will be the hardest. I've got it under control," Mika continued.

"Understood. You can leave now," they said and Mika left.

.

She got home very tired, even though she was used to living her days with only two or three hours of sleep per night.

"Hello Mika~" sang Charlotte, but Mika wasn't having any of it.

"Hi and goodnight. I'm very tired. Barely slept last night. Long and tiring day. Sorry," Mika explained as she was going to her room.

"Hold on. I remembered something else..." Charlotte said.

"I'm sorry, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm really not gonna be able to concentrate on your story. Alright?" Mika tried to get her off of her.

"Alright. But take it with you though hahaha," Charlotte smiled, gave her the letter, told her goodnight and went to her room and so did Mika.

Mika put the letter on her nightstand and crashed on the bed. Now she was surrounded by peace and quiet. How she wished that her life would've been the same as the night, peaceful, quiet... "And empty?" Last stated.

"Not the time..." Mika mumbled in her pillow as she fell into the arms of the drakness.

The nightmare starts again. It's a loop. No way out.

                           Good luck, Mika.