Chaoter 25: A Storm After Another

All Because Of You

The three friends left behind by Last's Person were not having it good. And the news about The Dogs being down didn't help at all.

"Damn it! Damn it all! They're destroying them one by one with no shame!" Mike groaned.

"You can say that again," Charlotte said with an irritated expression.

"For fuck's sake what's going on with her!? I can't figure her out at all! What's up with... everything... Everything fell down after the incident with The Unmasked... If only we wouldn't have gotten kidnapped and Mika wouldn't have figured anything out... Everything would be fine now..." Kate trailed off after a burst of anger.

"It's no use dwelling in the past. What happened happened. We cannot change the past, no matter how much we hate it. Adapt ti the present and push foward. Thre's no way to change anything that can't be reached," Charlotte said as she tried to calm down.

"You have it easy! You're strong!" Kate yelled.

"And you think that's all we need to get her back in her senses!? Power and that's it?!" Charlotte yelled with venomous scorn and anger.

"That's some pent up anger you have there... What else could she keep inside? And why? We're friends..." Kate thought as she kept quiet on the outside, making Charlotte feel bad.

"Sorry. That was just my feverish impatience with emotional people. My view is more on the rational side," Char explained.

"I don't think so, though," Mike disagreed. "You wouldn't be as rational as you claim to be since you just yelled the fact that you want her to come back to her senses, knowing that it's most likely not possible."

"Right..." Charlotte drifted off. "I'll go to sleep. I'm tired. G'night," she said and left to her room.

Kate and Mike stood and looked at each other.

"Off the subject, what were you doing while me and Char went and searched for The Monster People, hm?" Kate scoffed.

"Oh, uhm about that... I went to look after you but then realized that you guys have gotten so far that it would be useless for me to try catching up, so I waited here," Mike laughed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Is that so? Hmmm... Alright hahahah. You dum dum," Kate gave him a small slap on the shoulder, then waved, then said good night, then left.

"Damn it..." Mike whispered as he collapsed.

.

"Hey Mika," Jack started. Mika looked his way.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Do you... ever feel bad for leaving those three behind? Just curious, nothing else," Jack laughed it off. Mika thought for a second.

"Hmm... Well, I used to listen to this song that had these lyrics once: 《You're my best friend,/ But you're a killer/ I don't know what to do, but I guess we could make/ This movie a thriller./ You said I'm changing/ Sorry, I will not stay the same》and Charlotte came to me and asked what's wrong. I didn't get what she meant, but I think the lyrics kind of gave off a wierd vibe or mood that uneased her. Maybe made her think that we might turn into these lyrics. Guess she was right..." Mika recalled. "Yeah, that was it. Man, nostalgia," she continued.

"I see..." Jack said quietly as he looked at the ground.

"Hm?" Mika questioned, not hearing what he said.

"Oh, nothing. I'll go rest now. Though you should probably go to them and explain once you get a chance. After all, it is all your fault," Jack said and left.

Mika remained doumbfounded. Why did she have to go explain herself? She didn't care much about them anyway... But they did. That was it. She messed up, maybe just a tiny little bit on that part. She decided that whenever she'll get the chance she'll talk to them.

Suddenly, she remembered her unhappy moments she had in her childhood- actually, scratch that, traumatic moments. She started having a panic attack. "What..? What's going on? Wait no... Why am I remembering this now!? Ahh I can't breath. I don't like this... Fuck this. Fuck life. Fuck it all. ... Help me... Anyone... I don't understand... Wha-" before she could finish her own thought she fainted, making a loud thud.

"Mika!" Jack yelled as he turned around to check the noise and saw his friend down flat on the floor.

"What's going on?" Norman asked as he came out of his room. "Oh shit! Is she alright!?" he rushed and asked.

"I have no idea! She just suddenly passed out!" Jack said loudly.

Norman helped him get her to her room.

.

"Mika... Mika wake up. I mean, it's not like you'll actually wake up, but wake up your brain. That still doesn't sound right..." a voice in the background was echoing  and whispering in Mika's head.

"What's going on? What happened?" Mika got up and looked around. Darkness was what she saw.

"Ah, you're partially awake. We meet again, right?" Last said.

"Yeah, I guess. What the hell happened?" Mika asked.

"You started remembering something from your childhood, then had a panic attack, a horribly short one, and then fainted. Jack and Norman got you. Don't worry."

"Oh... Damn it all. I quit," Mika sat down with her head in hand.

"You quit what exactly?" Last somewhat knew what was coming, but asked just to be sure what to say.

                                       "Life."