Chapter 27: Maybe This Was Never A Good Idea

Mika's Location

Mika ran away for a reason. That reason was just her emotions being all over the place and not knowing what thought to trust: you shouldn't have left or it was good that you left? Her head was running at the same speed as her feet. She even passed the ocean at some point. She reached The Owls and just her "luck" she was kidnapped the moment she stepped in the country's barrier.

"So how do we do, Last's Person?" someone asked.

Mika was in a very dark room with a light on her. "Feels like that place where we all met..." she thought. "Who are you...?" Mika groaned as she tried to look at the person in front of her. She saw just a tall figure.

"We are The Ghosts. We want to inform you about some things," the person said.

"Huh? Things like what?" she asked confused as she squeezed her eyes to try and see who the person was.

"Hm... Like your ocular powers and how to activate them without going to The Council to take off the seal. Sounds good?" the person raised their tone a bit at the question.

Mika widened her eyes. "Alright...?"

"You don't seem too sure," the person stated as they moved a bit forward.

"Perhaps it's because you cannot see me much. Let me present myself a minute," the tall person stood in front of Mika, in the light.

"He looks...intense..." Mika thought.

"I am Vincent. Glad to see you," the guy made a reverence. Mika just nodded. "You see, I'm the head of this group. I only want to help you since you're a very extreme person, as I've seen... Obviously, I hope you don't take my version of you to heart since it's just based on what I've seen about you. You were a very good Fighter who infiltrated The Unmasked, then eventually became one of them. After the truth was shown, you changed sides for real. But you were never somewhere in between the two sides. That's why I called you an extreme person. Oh, also, the attacks on your own country and another. That also was counted in," Vincent explained himself and Mika just looked at him since she was tied up.

"What's the point of this?" she asked annoyed.

"Oh right! I almost forgot. Please, forgive me. I will start on the explanations. You see, to activate the ocular power is to be somewhere in between the good side and the bad side. After that, a little sparkle will appear in your eye. Of course, you won't be able to see it, but you'll feel it happening. When that happens, the seal was removed and your ocular powers are all yours~. Clear enough?" he said as he bent down to face Mika and smiled, closed eyes.

"Why would you help me with that?" she asked suspiciously.

"Why must you be like this? Sigh anyway, I only want you to know you don't have to pick a side. You need to balance everything," the guy explained and turned around.

Mika didn't buy it, but even so tried to. Immediatly the sparkle was felt and heard.

"Did you just...?" the guy turned back around to face  her again and saw the sparkle with an expressionless Mika.

"Like this?" Mika said as she just did something that was so easy. Vincent was wide eyed.

"Y-yes... How did you do it so quick though?" he asked as he took a step back.

"Listen, I've been here for way too long. I've changed sides, as you said, and I've gone crazy. That's why that was so easy. Because I was already unstable fron the beginning and I just knew that unfamiliar feeling was going to come to me at some point. The feeling of... being able to keep everything together in your mind. It is wierd, indeed," Mika said as she smiled crazily.

She ripped the ropes she was tied up with and went straight for the tall person and stabbed them. "Remember to never think of yourself higher than you are actually," Mika said in his ear, then let him drop dead to the floor.

Mika left the place and decided to head back. Now her ocular powers were all to herself.

Try To Keep It Together

Mika was on her way back when she felt her head spin again. It was all the same thing again and again. Just headaches and dizziness. She fell to the ground, passed out.

.

Everyone was searching for Mika. It's been three days, almost four and she hasn't come back.

"Really where could she be..." Lucas asked no one in particular.

"Who knows really..." Jack heard and responded.

"I found a trace of her! It's coming from a forest! Come on!" Ney yelled and everyone headed after them.

They found a passed out Mika and panicked.

"Check the pulse!" Jack said panicked.

"She's definitely alive anyway since we didn't feel anything," Norman calmed him down.

"Listen listen! There's a weird cracking sound around her face area," Ney said as they got closer to hear it. Mika got up quickly and hit Ney. "Ow..."
"Oh, sorry Ney," Mika said as she scratched her head.

"Where have you been for fuck's sake!?" Jack yelled at her. Mika didn't respond.

"What's with your eyes, Mika?" Ney asked. Mika was silent once more.

"Are you gonna say something already?" Martha said passively. Quiet.

"Let's go rest, Mika," Kiki suggested quietly.

"Perhaps... Maybe, just maybe, this was never a good idea..." Mika finally spoke.

"What exactly? Running away?" Ney asked.

"Not really... Maybe we're doing things wrongly. Maybe we shouldn't destroy anything or anybody..." Mika said.

"Haa? After all this destruction you say we shouldn't do it anymore?! Really?" Lucas yelled.

"I don't know... I just... Nevermind it. To hell with the world now," Mika got up and walked the opposite direction of their hiding place.

"Where are you going now?" Norman asked angrily.

"Back home... I have some explanations to do," Mika turned around, gave a weak smile and continued walking.

"Really...?" Jack asked out of breath. Nobody moved. They were in shock. What was Mika thinking?