Chapter 10: Change

Partially

Mika changed a lot after her unhappy reunion with Jack. She was so much colder, indeferent to everything and everyone, and she always looked like she was on edge. Who knows what edge, now, but it was an edge that would probably break her, tear her apart and devour her instantly if she fell off of it.

The three friends tried helping her. They tried everything: going out, books, gifts, cake or any kind of pastry, food, clothes, funny videos, movies, music, nothing. Nothing worked.

Mika also seemed to get a lot more work from the Council so she wasn't home for too long and when she was, she just slept the whole time.

Fully

Mike figured that something was deeply wrong and that she was probably hiding something so he decided to start follow her, though he didn't manage to follow her further than outside of their city.

Mika kept distancing herself from everyone. Stopped talking to them. Stopped showing them anything. Stopped every activity they had together. Training was never done with her. She didn't even eat with them anymore. All bad until...

                              She went mute.

The group of three felt hopeless. Nothing was making Mika better and they ran out of options. They didn't know what else to do to bring her back to normal. They tried even hypnotizing her, but to no avail.

Mike asked, in the end, for Kate and Charlotte's help at spying her, or more like following her, since he didn't get anywhere alone and they agreed to help.

They managed to follow her. "Wait... Isn't this the route to..." Charlotte thought and then she looked ahead.

"The Unmasked?" Kate said in disbelief.

They stopped far away from the entrance, took a moment to breathe and realize what was going on, then left. They didn't want to have anything to do with The Unmasked.

"What if she only has another mission that involves them, hm?" said Charlotte. Kate and Mike hummed and nodded in agreement.

"It's most likely," Mike said. "Though if that's where she's been going lately, then it could be..." Mike stopped his thoughts and widened his eyes at it. "Impossible... She won't give herself to them. No." he shrugged off the thought and continued running.

.

Mika figured that they let her alone. "Finally..." she sighed. Those three saw and heard that and they felt like they just did something good. They did the right thing.

                              She's at peace.

A/N: ISTG THESE CHAPTERS ARE SO SHORT I'M LOSING MY MIND