Chapter 3: First Day

School

Mika would usually send a weekly letter to talk about what she found out about Charlotte, though they were just nothings. "I bet that's the actual reason why the Council is still letting Charlotte go to school." Mika thought.

"Good morning Maki!" yelled Charlotte.

"Morning. Ready to go to school?" Mika said in a monotone.

"Mhm! I can't wait!" Charlotte responded very happily.

"Great. Here's your meal," Mika handed her a little package.

"Oh- Thanks!" she thanked, a little bit surprised.

"Enjoy your first day of school," Mika said and then went back to her room. Charlotte put her shoes on and leaved the house.

"Now...where is the classroom?" Charlotte thought as she looked around the building for her classroom.

"Hey! You look lost. What are you looking for? Your class?" asked a girl who was running towards her.

 What are you looking for? Your class?" asked a girl who was running towards her

"Yeah. Uhm...do you know where class 1-B is?" Charlotte asked hesitantly.

"Yes, that's my class too! Let's go!" the girl took her hand and ran to the classroom.

"We have a newbie guys! How old are you?" the girl asked.

"Uhm... 15," Charlotte started being shy.

"Hm? 15 you say? You're younger than us. We're all 16 hahaha! But that's just fine, that means you have potential," the girl stated smiling at her.

"Yeah, potential for shit," someone said and everyone laughed.

"Hey now, who said that?" the girl looked angry, so Charlotte swet a bit and backed away a little.

"Hey, it-it's fine! Really. Where do I sit?" Charlotte tried to distract her to another problem.

"No no no, hold on," the girl rolled up her fake sleeves and went to the guy who said that and everyone shut up.

"You fucked up, man. Run," someone whispered.

"H-hey Kate, come on girl, I was just messing around!" the guy tried to defend himself and raised his hands.

"Yeah yeah, stop this bullshit. You know people can get affected by that a lot right? And if you think it's a funny joke, it's not. You suck at making jokes, David. Now mind your own bussiness, whould'ya?" the girl, apparently named Kate, said in a creepy manner and the guy named David nodded.

"Now, you could sit here, in front of me," Kate pointed at the second table on the row closest to the door. Charlotte nodded and took a seat.

"Good morning class," the teacher walked in.

"Morning!" said the class.

"Ahh! New people, new people. Who may you be?" asked the teacher.

"I'm Charlotte," she responded.