Chapter 2: Learning

Memory

Just because Mika already had Charlotte as a mission didn't mean she wouldn't go on others. They needed to make Charlotte believe she was just getting a new life and hopefully help to regain her memories.

Mika did go on other missions, for example, delivering a message to another place or country and everytime she left she hoped that the kid won't run away, but Charlotte thought of Mika as an older sister, so of course she wouldn't leave, but Mika didn't know that.

Charlotte said in one of her notes which she wrote during the day that she finally remembered something.

"I was getting out of bed, then I suddenly remembered something that happened in the past. I think they were my parents that were talking, but they said that they wanted to get the Monster People together? I don't know who they are, but that's what I heard. Then there was another boy or man, I couldn't really figure it out, that said that they couldn't control it and it was too risky. Do you know what that means, Maki?" said Charlotte a little confused.

"Hmm...I don't really understand, but we'll figure it out. Thanks for telling me. Goodnight, Charlotte," Mika said and went to her room.

"Goodnight, Maki," whispered Charlotte after Mika left.

Mika was in her room contemplating the whole memory.

"So there are more people that are after the Monster People's gathering... I don't know why... They could have a very big power or something since that guy in Charlotte's memory said it was too risky and they couldn't control it... Or maybe they'll go insane when they all meet because maybe the Monsters hate each other? Or maybe the The Unmasked could all die and therefore won't have power over the countries? Or maybe... Ugh... Too much to think about and too many possibilities. I should let it for when I get more information."

Concentrate

Charlotte wanted to go to school, but The Council didn't agree. She was so sad these days because of it and Mika had no clue what to do. She was having a mini panic attack inside."What if she stays like that forever? I won't know what to do. What do I do? What do I do!? Come on Mika, you need to think... Oh. Maybe..."

"Hello, Charlotte," Mika came into her room.

"Hm?" she hummed with her head in her pillow.

"I brought you something to hopefully make you feel a little better..." Mika said with a tiny cake on a plate and when Charlotte saw it, her eyes lit up.

"T-Thank you, Maki..." she said smiling that Mika finally showed her some emotion.

"Feel better," Mika gave her a hug too. Charlotte was so surprised she almost forgot to hug her back.
"Alright that's enough," Mika said after a whole minute of her not letting go.

"Alright hahaha," Charlotte laughed and started eating the cake as Mika left her room.

.

Charlotte was still a little sad so Mika decided to teach her herself some things.
"Really?! Thank you so much Maki!" Charlotte exclaimed with a grin on her face.

"Here take this," Mika said as she handed her a long metal stick.

"Hm?" she asked.

"Try to spin with it as if you're making a tornado horizontally," Mika explained and then Charlotte obeyed and managed to do it somewhat good.
"Impressive. Did you do this before?" Maki asked.

"Very much I did not!" Charlotte responded shaking her head left and right.

"For now, concentrate on maintaining that spin constant and powerful, but controllable. After that, try to raise the power and see how far you can go. I'll be checking every few days again and see the progress," Mika stated.

"Alright!" Charlotte said.

Well, it did take her mind off the sadness, but maybe Mika can do something about the fact of not letting her go to school.

Convincing

Mika went to The Council.

"What is the matter, Maki 01?" asked one of the members. By the way, that "01" he said indicates what level someone is on. There is 05, 04, 03, 02, 01 and p0¹, p0², p0³, p0⁴, p0⁵, p0⁶ and pO⁷ (these are only for the Monster People, though they're only used by The Council).

"I want you to change your mind about letting Charlotte to school," Mika said and the member raised his eyebrow.

"What for?" he asked.

"Well, she could trigger some memories there. Maybe she saw some of the teachers or kids around there, you never know. Plus, she can learn some techniques that her family might have used a lot and etcetera. Anything is possible," she responded.

"Hmm... You indeed are right. Very well then. She can go to school. Complete the formular and she'll be good to go," he said.

Mika stood still for 3 seconds trying to process what just happened. "That was so easy...way too easy," she thought.

She completed the  formular then went back home to bring the news.

"Charlotte?" she asked around the house.

"Hm? You're back," the girl said.

"Yeah and I have good news. You can go to school starting tomorrow," Mika forced a smile while Charlotte looked stunned, then realized it and laughed.

"I suppose you're happy?" Mika said trying to keep the forced smile on, which made her talk through her teeth a little, which made Charlotte laugh even more.

"You-you should see your face! Hahahaha! You-hahaha-need to work on your smile, Maki! I swear-hahaha! You look like your mother forced you to wear something you don't like and have to pretend you like it hahahaha!" she laughed her ass off.

Mika looked a bit confused, but then shrugged it off and took it as a good sign. "Well, she's back to normal now. Good."