Chapter 26: The Opposite Of Good

Where Is Mika?

"Hey, uhh, did any of you see Mika?" Kiki asked as she came in the room with a worried look.

"Huh? She's not here?" Jack asked, getting worried as well.

"No..." Kiki said.

"She maybe went out for a walk," Lucas said calmly. "After all, yesterday she had a panic attack. Maybe she went out to clear her head," he continued.

.

Jack was only getting more worried as time passed. It has been already two hours and she hasn't come back.

"Alright, I take back my words. Something definitely happened," Lucas said as he swallowed.

"No shit?" Jack said, a bit too passive aggressive, so he apologized right after.

"Hmm... Where could she have gone? Maybe to her old friends?" Martha suggested.

"I don't think so... That was pretty much what she talked to me about and she didn't look happy when I told her to go apologize and explain everything to them at some point. It's not so likely for that to have happened," Jack explained.

"Why did you tell her that? It's not really her fault here, is it?" Ney asked while crossing their legs.

"They do miss her. That's why they're after us as well," Jack said.

"Wait, they're after us? Since when did you know that?" Norman asked confused.

"Since we attacked The Cats. You know, I sent a few of my clones, who looked like random people, to fight those three and my clones heard that they wanted to find Mika and get an explanation. Also, one of them hurt the only guy in their group pretty bad. I wonder if he's even still alive..." Jack dozed off.

"Interesting. And you didn't tell this before because...?" Ney urged.

"Because there wasn't a need to, was there?" Jack said, copying Ney, as always.

Ney scoffed and turned in their chair. "There's still a possibility that she went to them," he repeated.

"Yeah..." Martha agreed.

"Well? Let's go after her!" Kiki exclaimed, but nobody reacted. "Uhm, guys?" she was confused.

"Listen Kiki, how about when we find her, we just spy her a bit. I think we're all curious to find out what's up with her, how she got here and how Last chose her to begin with, right?" Ney put their finger at their mouth and smiled mischievously. Kiki nodded.

"Well, let's go, I guess..." Martha kind of disagreed, but went along.

Coma

"Mike! Mike!! Mike!!!" Kate was yelling at her collapsed friend.

"What's with the commotion?" Char groaned and then froze for a second when she saw Kate crying and Mike on the floor with blood around his body. She rushed to them and asked what happened, but Kate didn't know either.

"Hey, High-fly, what do you know?" Char asked Mike's eagle. The eagle flew around the kitchen and got a knife that it placed on Mike's tummy. Charlotte raised his shirt a bit and widened her eyes and put the shirt back as to not scare Kate even more than she is right now.

"What's wrong?" Kate said through tears.

"He's barely eaten anything these days," Charlotte lied. It seems that Kate got the lie though and sighed.

They took him to the hospital and the doctors were finally back after an entire hour.

"Hey girls, I have some bad news. He's in a coma."

Their world was shook again. "It's the Mika incident all over again. Just in a different scenario... Damn it..." Charlotte held her head in her hands while Kate was crying quietly.

Let's hope he'll be alright.