Chapter 8: Permission

What now?

After Kate and Mike heard the story they panicked a bit.

"This can't be true... The Council is always right, right? They didn't know...or maybe they did? They hid it from us... Such an imense power is trying to be formed by who knows what people and try to destroy us? Ahh..." Kate wailed as she was walking back and forth and Mika just looked at her not knowing what to do and deemed the reaction as normal.

Mike was sitting down on the chair with his forehead touching the tip of his fingers. He had his hands in a triangle position.

"What do we do with this information? Why did you tell us this?" asked Mike with his head down, not looking at anyone.

"Well, you heard our conversation and it was inevitable that you would need to know since you said we were part of the Unmasked. I had no choice. Plus, I never said you have to be involved in this whole thing, did I? You just needed to hear what we're actually up to since you might've told The Council and the world would've went to crumbles," Mika explained in a monotone.

Mike was silent and Kate stopped walking. She sat down on the couch.

"What do we do now, Mika?" asked Charlotte.

"We need to prepare for their «visit»," Mika said.

"Who's coming?" asked Kate.

"The Unmasked... My parents are the ones who declared that they'll come," Mika said. Kate and Mike widened their eyes.

"They said they're after me and Mika, so you guys can just keep your distance-" Charlotte said but was cut off by Kate putting her hands on her shoulders.

"How DARE you even think that we would leave our friends when they're in danger? Not a chance," she said and Mike nodded his head, though he looked like he didn't want to be involved. Charlotte let a little smile.

"So, all we need to do is train hard so that we can face them when they're coming. And, on the other side of the story, we need to keep the Monster People apart, because, one: we can't face that «The End»" thing, and two: we don't need the end of the world coming," Mike stated and they all nodded their heads.

"Then it's decided! Let's hope for the best," Kate said and they all hummed in agreement.

The Council

Mika decided to go to The Council and tell them since they might get away with some things and also to make sure that they weren't going to get snitched on by someone and be considered criminals because they didn't get permission to fight when they knew what was coming.

"May I come in?" Mika asked the guardians in front of the door. The guardian stepped aside and let her go in. She thanked and went in.

"Well, well, well. What brings you here Maki?" asked one of the members.

"I came here to say something. You heard about the kidnapping of the three children that happened a little while ago, right?" she said and they hummed. "Charlotte was one of the kidnapped kids. When I went after them, The Unmasked declared that they'll be coming after Charlotte." she stated and the Council was a bit confused.

"Do you know why?" they asked.

"No," she answered.

They grumbled a bit.
"You can go ahead and kill anyone that stays in your way, Maki. Of course, only if it's really necessary. For example, if they want to kill her, you or anyone else, or if they seem like doing something dangerous," one of them said and Mika hummed.

"Thank you. I'll be going now," she said and left.
"It's good. Now we need to just be prepared," Mika thought as she walked out of the building.

They didn't come

Mika, Charlotte, Mike and Kate were training a lot these days. It's been three weeks since they were warned by Mika's parents from the Unmasked that they'll come. They didn't though, in these three weeks, so they started to believe that they were lying.

"I'm gonna go home now. It's getting late," said Mike.

"Me too. Goodnight!" said Kate and they both left.

Charlotte and Mika went inside the house and were about to get changed when they heard some noises from outside. "Wait here," Mika said as she went to check.

Maybe it was still too early to say they're not coming.
Outside there was a whole crew of The Unmasked, yet her parents were not there. "Hmph. Scaredy cats," Mika thought.
"What took you people so long to come? I'm more than prepared," said Mika a bit annoyed.

"Ha! Well we didn't catch you in an unexpected time, but that doesn't mean we still can't win!" a man said as he charged towards Mika.

Mika took out her sword and sliced right through him. "If all of them are like this I won't even need to do much," she thought.

"Ice!" someone yelled and they were using an ice thrower so that they would get to her quicker through slipping.

"Too early? Too early," she said annoyed once more. "I don't think you needed to waste your energy by using an ice thrower, but oh well, who am I to judge?" Mika said as she used a lightning sword to break the ice slide.

"Ugh!" The person fell.

"Electric sword huh?" said one of them with an uneasy look on their face.

Mika didn't waste her time as she sprinted towards them and managed to kill every single one of them. Then she saw someone she remembers and widened her eyes.
"No... Is it you...Jack?" Mika sat down next to him as she held his face. Staring into his green eyes, she felt like crying.

"Mika...?" he asked as he raised his hand.
"It is you... What happened to you? I thought you were dead..." he asked with a smile and tears in his eyes.

"I..." Mika was in so much shock she didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry Mika..." Jack said and then he passed out. Mika widened her eyes even more, if it's even possible, and hugged him.

"I'm sorry too, Jack..." she whispered as she was standing in her backyard full of corpses, while hugging her loved one's cold body.

Then suddenly she realized, once again, that her parents didn't come.
Jack was part of The Monster People, yet she only realized that now. She widened her eyes once more. How did she not notice something was different about him compared to the others? He didn't even say anything at the meeting. What a wonderful way of finding out.