Chapter 20: The Day Before

Emotions

"Tomorrow at 8 a.m. we start, right?" asked Martha.

"Yep!" Kiki said excited.

"Why are you so excited? We are killing innocent people," Martha asked a bit nervous.

"Well, how could you say someone is innocent?" Kiki answered with a question.

"What do you mean?" Martha was confused.

"Well, technically, even a curse word makes you not innocent," Kiki said.

"I didn't mean that type of innocence. I mean, they didn't do anything wrong," Martha rephrased.

"Well~, how do you know that?" Kiki asked again.

"What are you talking about Kiki? You're confusing me." Martha sighed.

"You were never them to know what they did or not, you know? You never know if somebody bullied someone unless you see it, right? It's kinda the same thing with murder or kidnapping or anything actually!" Kiki explained. Martha stayed silent. "I'll go now. Rest well, Martha!" Kiki left with a wave.

"What are we doing..." Martha thought, then went to sleep.

.

Mika was lowkey excited (maybe because she might meet her old friends) and when she realized she felt that bit of excitement she tried to hang on to the feeling , which worked for a while. An hour, to be exact. Then she went back to her nonexistent emotions. She heard and saw everyone show different emotions while she was dying in her deserted mind, void of the water that was her emotions and she was so dehydrated her whole life she didn't even realize it since that's how it's always been, but now that she started feeling tiny bits of emotions she could feel how close to death she's always been and didn't even know it. She decided to fake her emotions in hope that they'll eventually return.